Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi
I am a bit surprised I haven't had any suggestions on this subject.

Dawn
Dawn

I am sure Adam Goodfellow will give you some info when he is next online. Please remember not all of our members come online every day.

Biff
Hi Biff.
Yes I agree Adam does help and knows a lot about Magaluf as he lives out there. Sorry if I seem impatient, just eager to find out whats out there in Magaluf, I will be going at Easter.

Regards
Dawn
hi,
like you you we are not old fuddyduddies and like a good time but dont like rap and similar music.
we were in magaluf a few weeks ago and had a great night in goodfellows.steph sang a good selection of favorites from 70s- present all good sing along songs everyone knows then adam ran the kareoke there were plenty of singers with all kinds of abilities and ages.
we had an excellent night and steph & adam are 1st class hosts.well worth a visit.
Hi Lessie
When I go to Magaluf I am meaning to go to Goodfellows. It gets me the young uns think when you are in your 40s you can't dance and need a zimmer. I love to dance and love songs you can actually sing to. :yipee

Regards
Dawn :wave
Hi Dawn

I thought my ears were burning!

I think it's fair to say that most of the bars away from the "strip" will be playing music from 70's to 90's - Bars like Benny Hill's, Piano Bar, ourselves etc will play to the audience that they have, which more often than not is wanting party music rather than the Hip Hop, R&B etc which you obviously don't like.

Also most of the live entertainment tends to be music from the same era, so I'm sure you will not be short of places to visit.

If you do get chance to visit us, please make yourself known.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Cheers

Adam
Hi there
Yes I will coming to your bar Adam, look forward to it. I am going to be staying at the sol antillas. Looking forward to the break. Read in another forum some of the airport staff may be going on strike at Easter, I hope not. Do you know anything about this Adam?

regards,
Dawn
Ps. have visited your website.
I only know what I've read in the local paper - there's a bit of posturing going on at the moment, and of course the workers threaten to strike at the worst possible time for tourists. It's just a threat at the moment.

Last year the cleaners went on strike, and to make sure it had maximum impact they went round dropping as much litter as they could - you were literally ankle deep in litter at the airport - it was like a disaster zone.

I've not been able to update the website much recently - I'm in the process of launching an Island-wide Magazine, so you could say I'm a little busy!

Cheers

Adam
Hi,
A great place for live tribute bands is Pachas Pub, Magaluf, dont be put of by the work 'tribute' as it is a fab place. Drifters, Elvis :(, supremes etc, well worth a visit, we were there most nights! cocktails fab too!
Hi
Thank you for the info. I am looking forward to the cocktails and the sangria. :wink:
Only 15 days to go.

Dawn
is there a reason no-one has suggested car wash? or mulligans?
:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.