Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I Donny sorry can't help with this one, we drove everywhere and didn't go out in Belmadena much except to the excellent marina which is at the opposite end of the resort.

However I do remember that there wasn't much very close to the hotel, (only one Spanish restaurant that I recall) :?
Think the bars and restaurants in Belamadena were a good 15 minute walk away :?:

Regards
Ann
  • Edited by annmon 2006-01-10 10:19:33
Thanks for your help Ann.
Would you recommend any bars/restraunts down at the marina area then as this may be our best bet for evening entertainment. Also the prices for meals and drinks down that way too
Hi Donny

Although we visited last July and the previous September we have family living further down the coast in Riveria Playa and tended to go out down that end in the evening. We also have friends who live near the lakes further inland in Teba and spent a few days out there.

Although we both thought the marina area was a really good night out the place and surrounding area is teaming with restaurants and bars but none we can exactly remember the names off :oops:

All I can say is that we had several meals both at lunchtime and in the evening at different reataurants and never had a bad one!

The prices were slightly dearer in the marina as I recall and there were plenty of bars along the way there as well to suit all choices.

Ann
Hello Donny

We stayed at the Sunset Beach Club a couple of years ago and found a restaurant called Havana which is about a 10 minute walk from Sunset on the right hand side as you walk towards Benalmadena. It is not far past the sails roundabout and just before you come to the Benal Beach Complex.

Food is cooked to order and there is a very good choice.

We are going back to stay in a hotel beside the marina in March and we will certainly be taking a taxi out to Havana to have a meal.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Regards

Dawn
Hi Donny. The nearest bar to Sunset Beach is probably the Ha'penny Bridge. It's an Irish bar, (so the Guiness is good), and has around half a dozen screens where all of the major football matches are shown.

On other nights there is often entertainment, of an informal sort, including magicians and small bands.

Just down from that is Coco's, which has regular karaoke, although Imust admit that's not for me. Both bars are about five minutes walk, (three if you run - depends how desperate you are for a pint).

There are plenty of decent bars along the front promenade (Paseo Maritimo) as you walk towards the marina.

There are also plenty of decent places to eat along the Paseo, and also above that on the main road, (Avenida Antonio Machado). If you want specific recommendations, let me know and I'll be glad to tell you the restaurants I prefer.
Great thanks for that Jay Jay. Just me and the wife going away on 11th feb for a relaxing time so just looking to totally chill out for the week. Hopefully the weather will be pleasent. The 2 bars that are close to the hotel sound great and although I am not one for Karaoke its sometimes good fun to watch. We like somewhere with a nice atmosphere and somewhere that will have the football scores on a Saturday and a few matches on a Sunday will come in very handy indeed...!!!!
No problem Donny.

If you're going to the Ha'penny Bridge, check out the rules for Happy Hour. It's usually from 6:00 - 8:00pm (I know that two hours, but it is an Irish bar).

They give you a voucher or till receipt for everydrink you buy and when you return to the bar you can have the same drinks again for free. The thing to remember is that you can use the free drink tickets for an hour after Happy Hour stops. So don't try to use the tickets up before 8:00pm. Buy another round at normal proces instead and you will have tickets for two free rounds you ccan use before 9:00pm.

The staff are all helpful and will gladly explain this to you. Enjoy your stay.
Well it looks like Ha'Penny Bridge will be getting a few visits. We like to visit a few bars each evening so aslong as there are a few places not too far from our hotel that will do us just fine. I pressume all these bars will be open during the day time too...???
You mentioned eating and drinking around the marina at night Donny. There are some excellent restaurants down there, but watch the prices in the bars at the Carihuela end of the marina. You can pay as much as 6 euros for one drink in some of them.

That's not a problem in itself, but I would recommend paying for each round as it comes. That way you know what your paying, rather than get shocked by running up a massive tab.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.