Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Not many tbh, I thin you can at the Sensatori (that's the one that used to be the Conrad), you can also walk in to the sea up in front of the Red Sea holiday village at Nabq bay, and the laguna beach which s next door, but it is shallow so if you want to snorkel you need to walk out a long way.

You can also walk into the sea at Naama Bay so hotels like the jollie ville maritme, Hilton farouz, Gazala beach, the Novotel, the Sonesta beach any along the main drag that are beach side. If it is the beach that is important to you make sure you get a beachside hotel and not the sister hotels that will be roadside. Although you can enter the beach direct the coral in Naama Bay is suffering from tourism.

As you go along a lot of the coast line most hotels have jettys out into the deep water to stop people from trampling on the coral and killing it off and thus impacting on the marine life.
Hi
Just back from Sensatori & you can snorkel from beach. Can be a bit rough underfoot at times. It was my first time & saw some beautiful fish. The Baron Royal (?) is next door and has a beach so maybe you there as well.
Enjoy :)
the beach at Coral Sea Holiday Village has a long jetty but the water is shallow enough to walk almost the whole length of the jetty. which is good as a lot of the fish go under the jetty for shade.
Doe makes a very valid point about the coral, although in many places you can walk out this is what is destroying the coral thus they have installed pontoons but unfortunately to many hotels still just let you walk straight in from the beach trampling and killing the coral.

If there is coral in please use the pontoons provided.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.