Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
BA have a sale on at the moment with flights to Tunis from Gatwick. I have only looked at April but it may be worth keeping an eye on them for September. I do actually like flying into Tunis as long as it ties up with my train to Sousse.
Hi Briar & Aslemma, :D

Thanks for the info, as I live in Northumberland the nearest airport is Newcastle dont know if they fly to Tunis, anyway the reviews seem to be fine. I was just wondering if anyone had any photos of the place, would be nice to see if they have.
This will be our second time in Tunisia and I can't wait to go back, well I have to convince my hubby that this hotel is going to be as nice as the last one. Wish me luck
Thanks

Chrissy :wave :wave
Hi Chrissy,

I've stayed at the Bel Azur twice and loved it both times. My last visit was October '03 and I have to say it did seem to be getting rather 'tired' and could do with a facelift. I've been in a couple of times since for drinks and the entertainment (including just over a week ago), and not much seems to have changed. Unfortunately the owners are putting the money into refurbishing Les Orangers at the moment. There has been some talk of downgrading the Bel to a 2 star, but don't let this put you off.

When I've been there the food has always been good, both in choice and quality, the staff relaxed and friendly and the hotel full of repeat guests, many of whom have been staying there once or twice a year for many years. I always think this is the best recommendation for a hotel.

You also have the advantage of being able to use the facilities at the Sol and Royal Azur. The pool has plenty of space on the sun terraces, the bar prices are pretty good and there's a lovely restaurant right by the sea which is great for lunch. I do have some photos from my last visit, but unfortunately I'm still in the dark ages and don't have digital, so not sure how I'd send them to you! If I think of a way I'll get in touch.

A.
Hi Sunstruck,

Thanks for the info, after a lot of thought I think we have decided to go back to where we went last year ( better the devil you know ha ha ) :lol: :lol:
Again thanks

Chrissy :wave :wave
Hi there,
Has anyone been to the The Bel Azur Hotel in Hamammet?
I have been out to Hammaet a few times and we always stay in at the Iberostar Phenicia, we are on a budget since its our 3 rd holiday this year so we have opted for a cheap 3 star. But now we are worried as I have seen bad reports about this hotel the staff especially.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.