Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Stayed in these apts last year, booked it off the internet , think it depends on the apt you get ours was a ground floor which had not been used for a while and was grubby however the grounds and pool area are very good, beach is 5 min walk your straight opposite Paloma Park which is worth a walk round and if you havnt been to Benalmadena before take no notice off previous post
Have just come back from spending half term at Benal Beach. we stayed in a Club la Costa apartment which had recently been done up and was lovely. The apartments are across the road from the beach. However it is a huge concrete complex and the inside public areas are in need of some TLC.

The grounds and swimming pools are beautiful. Even though the two large water slides were not open there were still smaller ones that linked the 4 swimming pools. The kids loved it and for a cheap week away in the sun it was great. The pool and gardens do not open until 10 and you have to pay 2 euros for a sun bed but this means that you dont have to get up at the crack of dawn to put your towels down.

Mostly english and Spanish.
We know where they are but not stayed there, anybody got any comments? We are booking flight and accommodation seperately, have the flight but are going round in circles for apartment in end of Sept/Oct on the beach front.

Katy
we went last week sept,1st week oct,last year.
we were very impressed,with the complex.the pool area,was great.the biggest pool area,iv'e ever seen!
really close to the beach.
we booked the apartment,off holiday-rentals,it all went without a hitch.
would definately stay there again!
tracy
Has anyone stayed at these apartments recently? Thinking of taking a break over the xmas period. Have read mixed reviews on them, mainly about the poor condition of the apartments themselves.
Any comments on the facilities, apartments, location etc would be much appreciated

Thanks.
Bex 8)
Hi,
Does anyone know if the outdoor pool area will be open again by early April (Easter) in the Benal Beach and also its suitablity for 3 young kids ages 1+3+5.The reason I ask is its located near the beach,paloma park etc. :?:
Thanks,
Dave
Booked to stay at Benal Beach complex in Benalamadena in Aug 2008 there is not a safe in the room does anyone know if there is safe hire at the reception? :sun2
Hi, My boyfriends parents own an apartment in Benal Beach and i can honestly say you will have a great time. We are going out on the 11th for 9 days and i cant wait! The pools and slides are fantastic, your kids will love them and its only a short walk to the nearest bars, shops and beach. Id recommend walking down towards the marina for the nicer beach. We like to take the bus from the main road to Fuengirola for shopping and also they have a nice beach in Fuengirola town on the front. Eating out you will be spoilt for choice. Id recommend Bonanza Square for cheap good food and there are also lovely restaurants on the promenade overlooking the sea. We go here a couple of times during our holidays for a pricer but lovely seafood meal. You do get the 'looky looky' men selling all the crap watches bags and sunglasses but obviously dont be conned just offer a max of 5 or 10 euros for anything (i do) you'd be amazed at the prices they try and sell to you, i just laugh! Hope you have a great time x
In a nutshell? You can't really go wrong at Benal Beach Apartments. As has been said, the pool areas is excellent.

However, the main point is that you are handy for absolutely everything. Taxi rank at your doorstep, Bonanza Square a short walk away, promenade and beach only minutes away, Paloma Park and Selwo seaworld within minutes walking distance, buses in both directions (Fuengirola one way and Torremolinos / Malaga in the other direction).

Even the Marina is only about 15 minutes walk.

Even if you don't happen to like your accommodation much, getting out and about just couldn't be easier. There is something for everyone in Benalmadena, so you'll have a great time I'm sure.
Has anyone stayed in a privately owned apartment at the Benal Beach complex? I know it's a huge place and might be interested if we can find an apart near the front and not up in Paloma park! We're looking at 3 weeks Sept - early Oct. We're both in our 60s so want a bit of comfort and there are so many advertised on various sites but they don't actually say where in the complex they are. Would be grateful for any info.

Katy
Just found a cheap holiday going to these appartments....read several mixed reviews and to be honest I can't see much wrong with them.Just one question is the complex near to plenty of bars entertainment
Hi Tangobunny ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, which may provide some useful info while you wait for more up to date feedback from those who might be subscribed to it.

Meantime, if anyone else has stayed at this complex recently, in addition to any feedback you can offer Tangobunny, we would be grateful if you could also take some tiime to update our neglected Benal Beach reviews page for the benefit of fellow holidaymakers .. please click here.

Many thanks.

David :wave
Lots of bars and restaurants nearby offering a wide variety of entertainment and food types.. they run in both directions along the front from Benal Beach, so you can't go wrong. As someone else has noted, Paloma Park, behind BB, is lovely to walk around, and 5 minutes uphill and to the right is Bonanza Square, also quite lively. Never actually stayed there myself but have been inside and pass by regularly. People i know who've stayed over the past 20-odd years its been in existence have had no complaints, other than the need for a facelift here and there, not unusual after 20 years.
thanks jimg
I've booked it now ....really looking forward to it...not been to Costa del sol for about 5 years
I'm sure you'll enjoy.. not sure what your dining out tastes are, but two to look out for, close by, are the Rodeo steakhouse, few hundred metres to the left, from the windmill roundabout outside Benal Beach, and the best Chinese in the area, the Aberdeen, on Palm Tree Avenue. Down the front to the right from BB, turn up at McDonald's.
Entertainment-wise, lots of the bars close by have their own turns going on, while up near Bonanza Square, there's a place called the Elefante that does lots of tribute acts etc... have a good one.
Thanks that's brilliant JIMG.....where would you recommend for a good english breakfast
Hmmmm... hard to say with any authority as we usually have just cereal etc indoors but most of the bars along the front there have breakfast offers on the boards.. you'll know by the look and feel of the places which one will serve up a good fry-up... enjoy... look forward to reading your comments on return.
Lots of cafe bars in Bonanza Sq do good breakfasts, some have set menu's, some will also let you choose what 'you want' on your plate..Hope you enjoy your stay..
Know Bonanza Square well... went to the Jupiter for best part of 20 years before our move down to Torreblanca.. thought maybe it would be a bit of a hike uphill from Benal Beach but I suppose it would walk up an appetite, not to mention burning calories... I seem to recall the Robin Hood doing very good brekkies.. and Johnny's Bar, beside Legends... noticed a few new ones, too, opposite the Minerva, when we were out last month.. let's just say no-one will starve for want of a good brekkie in Benalmadena!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.