Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Panchos for your 5 year old, childrens entertainer. In the same street Calla GERONA there are loads of bars, nearly all with entertainment, and lots of happy hours or 2 for 1. In my opinion Benidorm is one of the best places for Entertainment in Spain. You will be lost for choice.
Thanks Mrnkar, most helpful!! *Runs away to search Google Maps* :-D
If you head for the Ricorn end of town, the Cellar bar has a clown on each night. Next door is the White horse, they have a happy hour each night, entertainment and an amusment arcade downstairs. There are a couple of mini golfs and quite a few amusment/kiddie ride places dotted around town. If you walk down from your apartments towards the Benidorm Plaza hotel, there is an amusment place there with trampolines. If you keep walking past it, you will come to the old town, quite a few street entertainers come out on an evening, my son whos now 8 and still very lively used to love to see these. If you walk to Poniente beach at the begining is Dove park, we used to visit here most days and feed the doves. There are two mini trains if a trip around is what you fancy. Mundamar is great for smaller children. Benidorm is fantastic for famillies, I think you will be quite suprized how nice it is. Please don`t just stay in the Levante side go and explore the old town, try Tapas in Tapas alley. Have a walk along Poniente.
Thanks very much, all great info. I've already read about Tapas Alley and that is a MUST! (I've found it on Google Earth :-) )
Last year we went to a bar called Caspers in the Old Town and it happened to be my mother's birthday. They gave us a free cocktail and then brought out free snacks for all their customers. We had a great night.
Im thinking of going to benidorm end of june, whats it like for a male in his mid forties there, much for me to do, will I stick out like a sore thumb!! Im using Benidorm as a base, will be driving down to malaga to see my brother, when im there for a few days
I don't think you'd stick out like a sore thumb. All sorts of people go to Benidorm.

As for things to do, what do you have in mind? Are you looking for bars and nightlife such as cabaret acts or are you looking more for interesting and cultural places to visit?

luci :wave
hi thanks for replying bit of both really, will be seeing my brother for 3 days, so will be there for approx 5/6 days
I'll leave others to replies re cultural things to do as we only go to Benidorm for rest and relaxation. Gone are the days when I had to see everything of interest there was to see.

However we are going to try and see Parque Elche (Dove Park) when we go back. It was closed for refurbishment last time we were there. Sanji has a video of it in the Video Gallery at the top of the forum.

There are plenty acts to keep you going for a few days or more along Calle Gerona. You will find recommendations in the Bars and Acts topic at the top of the forum. The ones we have enjoyed have been Westlife at Morgan Tavern, Peatloaf at various places including Stardust, Abbaesque are passable, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them. Tony Scott the comedian was quite good, but Albi Senior was just OK. The Beagles at Jail Rock are pleasant to listen to, but it's exactly the same set every night. The Western Saloon sometimes has good acts if you like Country music. Can't remember where we saw the Bay City Rollers, but we really enjoyed watching them.

We found Rocker Fellas to be the dearest for drinks at about €11 for 2, but you pay a premium in all the bars with entertainment.

We had a couple of good meals at Two Palms on Calle Palma in the Old Town and an excellent night in their Music Hall bar across the road where we met Howard Kendall, ex Everton manager.

Do you know where you are staying yet as you can check the reviews and see what other members thought of it?

Hope you have a great time and look forward to a trip report on your return.

Have a look at the videos in the Video Gallery at the top of the forum incase anything catches your eye that you may be interested in.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.