Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Click on this link, the station is number 7 at the top of the map. You may need a bus or taxi to get there as it is a decent walk depending on where you are staying.

http://www.reisenett.no/map_collection/navymaps/Benidorm.html

Once you get to Alicante, get off the train, walk over towards the beach, looking towards the sea walk to your right and that will bring you to the beautiful marina and close to all the shops. It is a lovely day out i'm sure you will enjoy it.
Thank you for the information.

Regards
Maureen
There is a good offer for travel on the train in Benidorm at the moment.
You can travel All day Saturday and Sunday for 6 euros getting on and off as you please.

Baz
You can get a bus to the station.

Either No1 or No7 will get you there.

Not sure where they start, but they go along the mediterraneo to the centre, then on to the station. Returning the same way, at either 15 or 30 minute intervals.

Enjoy.
It might be better to get the bus straight to Alicante
If you look here you can get some idea of frequency, prices etc.
Note: If you try to enter a date too far in the future it will throw up an error!
https://www.alsa.es/portal/index.asp
we are travelling to benidorm in october and were thinking of getting the train to alicante. does anyone know how much this costs and in alicante is the train station near the centre or away from everything. is there anywhere else should we decide against alicante that would be a good day out :)
http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html try this url it might help have only gone from madrid to alicante by train
Hi aliuk .... info on local train services from Benidorm is available HERE. The main train station is not in the centre of Benidorm, it's up passed the bullring as you head out of town. You may need a bus or taxi connection. But there are other stations, such as Hiper Finestrat and Disco Benidorm, so it really depends on which part of the resort you are staying in. (Not all services stop at all stations).

Coach services may be more convenient as they have a couple of pick up points too, including Avenida Europa. Coach timetables available HERE.

Personally, if I was going from Benidorm to Alicante, I would use the coach. But if heading in the opposite direction to Altea, Calpe and Denia, the train journey would be much more picturesque.

David :wave
PS ... like the trains, that rail website is a bit slow, so you will need some patience !! :lol:
We have been to Alicante by train for the day. The train stops on the sea front and you then catch a tram/or walk along the prom into the town.It takes 5 mins by tram or aprox 10 mins walking you then end up near the port and the town is behind it.

I can`t remember the price but I do
remember it was very cheap and the tram was included in the price. We have in the winter months bought a tourist 2 day pass that lets you travel between Alicante/Denia at weekends, it cost aprox 5 euros pp but I don`t think it will be valid for October.

We`ve used the train a few time to visit several places between Denia and Alicante and have found it to be very enjoyable.

There`s a bus that goes to the station or you could walk but its quite a treck, for train times we usually pick up a free copy of Around town, the sevi centre near the Regente hotel have them.

Christine W
hi all,
seven weeks to my trip i was just wondering has anybody travelled to alicante on the train from Beni??
i am not familiar where the train station is situated,could anybody tell me where it is please and has anybody an idea how frequent the times are???
or am i just better taking a bus??
all the times ive been to beni ive never actually travelled to alicante so wouldnt mind a nose round!!
thanks in advance. :lol:
EDIT: Merged with previous similar thread which may provide some useful info
David HT Mod
Went to Benidorm in April - took the coach to Alicante and also back & forth to the airport. Coaches are super-efficient - spotless, on-time, etc - everything our buses aren't, basically! The bus we got on for our return trip to the airport had leather seats, extra wide seats, legroom, etc - loke being in first class, but public transport!! The Spanish seem to use buses as their main form of transport, which probably explains it.

Went on the train from Benidorm to Denia. Quite efficient also, but as we had rear facing seats we both felt very sick after a very short time, as the train rocks and rolls around quite a lot!

Can't honestly remember the exact costs involved, but websites do have the actual costs listed.
If travelling by coach you need to book ahead - unlke here, you can't just turn up, jump on and hand over the money! Also, the seats are numbered, so you do need to sit in you allocated seat. Don't think many people bother, but on our return trip from Alicante, a bloke went mental because someone was sitting in his seat, which was literally across the aisle from a free one!!

We went to Alicante on a Thursday and found a market near the bull ring - OK if you like markets! :-)

Hope this all helps.
would any of you be able to help me with the location of benidorm train station?i am going by train for a day out in alicante so if you could help?
six weeks to go :D
I have merged your enqury with this previous topic fencehead, you will now find the answer up above.

David :wave
Anyone know exactly where this is? I didn't even know there was one!

Ta.

EDIT: Merged with existing thread
David HT Mod
I have just read an article about the Tram expansion on the Denia-Alicante line saying that Benidorm will be on the trams before Easter (instead of changing from the old train to the tram at La Creueta station in Vila Joyosa).
Here is the link to the item:- http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com/
Sue
I have been told that a new tram service now runs to Alicante every 30minutes from Benidorm does anyone have any information on this? or were it leaves from in Benidorm?
Just read on Benidorm spotlight that the tram is every 30 mins to Alicante from Benidorm, no mention of where from, I expect it will be the train station.
I wonder if someone can clear up the Tram/Train situation from Benidorm-Alicante and return. ?

Does the Tram Service now replace the Train Service? Where does it Stop in Alicante? ie Centre, Marina or Both? Is there a separate Platform for the Tram at Benidorm or Alicante? How much would a return Ticket cost? I assume the Tram goes direct, and you dont have to change anywhere? Thanks!

Best Regards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.