Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
villajoyosa
13 Posts
Does anyone who lives in Benidorm or visits often, know if it is possible to walk from Benidorm to Villajoyosa (but not on the main road).
I dont think it is possible as it looks quite a distance from the train. My friends who are keen walkers think they could do it.
Can anyone advise please?
thanks Sue
Can anyone help on this query please as my friends are due to go to Benidorm soon?
Sue
Hi Sue i really could not tell you the distance, but from Benidorm they would go to the old town, through to La Cala then on to Finestrat then on to Villajoyosa i would proberly say a good couple of hours, i tried to walk from the dove park into Finestrat, and you really don't realise how far it is, we ended up getting the bus, if they do try to walk it i'm sure they will enjoy it, if they are keen walkers. :gluck
Sue i have looked at my map and you can walk it, it is around 8 miles.
Hi Chrystalscan
Thanks for your help. We have often walked (or got the bus) to Cala Finestrat but not ventured any further. We do intend to go to the village of Finestrat next time we visit Benidorm but I believe there is a bus. Sanji says, in one of her posts, that it is a lovely village.
Our friends would think nothing of an 8 mile walk but did you mean on footpaths or along the roadside?
thanks again
Regards Sue
Benidorm to Villajoyosa is a good walk, you would have to be keen walkers to do it. I think a large section would have to be along the road. Go on Thursday for the market which is much more of a local market than Benidorm. Villajoyosa is a lovely place to wander around, lots to see including the Valor Chocolate Museum and tours of the turron factory.
Hi

Does anyone know how far it is from Villajoyosa to Benidorm? And is there a bus service that operates? If so, does anyone know how late the buses run? Is it worth a visit? Just that I've seen it on the internet and it looks quite nice.

Also, are there any other places near by that are worth a visit during our stay that can be reached by bus?

First visit to Benidorm in August and want to make sure we don't miss anything!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks

Elaine :fly
Click on link, then click Maps & Schedules, then click "Linea 41" at foot of table. To the left of the window it says "Ver Horarios" and this will give you the times of the buses fron Benidorm. Villajoyosa is lovely.

http://www.llorentebus.es/
Hello,

You can take the bus, but from Benidorm to Villajoyosa is not very far, about 45 min. walk, at least, as you start in the Cala de Finestrat, if you will start from Levante beach it is quite a trip..

Do you know they are making a new beach promenade in Villajoyosa??

Cheers,

Tjeerd
Thanks Tjeerd

No, didn't know about the promenade - its our first visit to Benidorm, staying at the Poniente end, and saw Villajoyosa on the website and thought how pretty it looked. :D Its just that we like to venture out when we can drag the kids away from the complex, so any recommended short trips will be greatly appreciated! Thinking of doing the downhill bike ride too, that looks like good fun!

Thanks for your help again

Hi,
We rented a villa on the south side of Villajoyosa, and travelled nearly every day in by the small train service which runs the along the whole coastline, i'm sure the kids would love that and you do see plenty of places, if i remember it finishes at 11pm so when it was time to go back at 3am it was taxi time the distance was 18 k. Walking is a long way
regards
Thanks Bill

That sounds good to me!

Cheers

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.