Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Nic
We visited Fuerte for the first time last March and stayed at the Oasis Papagayo in Corralejo. Within our family party we had kids aged 6, 7 & 9 .
If you were to ask my(now) 7 year old daughter what her best holiday ever was (and she's had a few) her answer goes something like this ....."oasispapagayofuerteventuraroomoneeightA" and then she draws breath.
Good (Thomson run) kids club and they have their own kids entertainers.

It's on the outskirts of town but don't let that put you off. It's probably a 1 mile( absolute max, prob less ) to the old town and harbour and its all down hill. This is where the really nice, quality restaurants are. There is more a lot closer but more your tourist fare.

One massive pool(not heated) and a couple of other smaller pools + toddlers pools.
There are no water slides within the complex but the water park is about 1/2 mile away.
Oh and its not AI....but in Corralejo you wouldn't want to be. It was our first time there last year and were so impressed with the restaurants, bars, beaches..........just the place.........we're going back next week!!

Hope this helps

Bob
Oasis Papagayo reviews HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
We're going to the Caleta Dorada at Easter CLICK HERE. It has kids clubs, and also has the all-important pool slides and splash park :wink: My kids are really looking forward to it; and they are teenagers who are hard to please at the best of times :roll:
It has 24 hour all-inclusive, with a choice of different restaurants around the complex. They have some nice "Kids Den" apartments but I think they'll all be booked up now (we've got one, but we booked in Nov '05)
There are some reviews HERE. The complex had a few problems last summer, but things seem to have improved a lot since then.
Thanks for your replies. Will have a look at those two hotels.

My daughter loves spending time at the kids club so to have a good one is a must, along with warm pools.

Will let you know our decision. Thinking of going on the 7th April for 11 nights.

Thanks again

Nicky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.