Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
The Los Angeles is one of http://www.besthotels.es
They have about ten hotels scattered around Salou.
I haven`t stayed at that one, although I`ve been inside and had a look around.
I have stayed at the San Diego and the Mediteraneo.
They are all more or less of the same standard and for three stars are as good as any.
The three mentioned here are very central and close to the beach as well as the "tourist area".(also the Oasis Park)
The Los Angeles is "mothballed" during the winter months along with the San Fransico.
The others are open all year round and are filled up with Spanish pensioners during the winter.
(they get a free holiday from their gov. when they reach retirement age)
Don`t want to sway you one way or the other but I would go for the Oasis Park.
Having said that go and check them out on Best hotels site.
Forgot to tell you that I always book a Ryanair flight to Reus and book direct online with the hotel.
This I`ve found is a lot cheaper than a travel agent.
I've asked for the hotel to be added to our review page here.
thanks so much for youre replys .alared was just wondering if you could help me with trhe location i have been to salou once before about 7 years ago and remember a few areas .i think the los angeles is near the chippy and the indian restaraunt .do you haave any idea if im write ? . if not could you please tell me roughly how far we are from the promonard. thanks so much for helping :0)
angelathome1725

I think you are right about the location.
The Los Angeles is up a side street next to the San Fransico.
It is only 5 minutes uphill to the nearest beach.Going the other way it`s 10 minutes to the prom.
It`s very central for everything.
On the map the Los Angeles is number 27

When the map loads,click on the bottom right hand corner for it to get bigger or smaller.

http://home.deds.nl/~antonvandijk/Salou-hotels.gif
hi alared can you give me any tips on self booking it seems a jungle to me one hotel price ranges from £310 TO £521 (da vinci royal) what do i get for £310 i wonder? i worked out this leaves £190 (£50 for taxis to and from) and that leaves £140 for two persons for flights. looks dearer to me.you seem to know the area can you reccomend any hotels half board am looking at 2/3 sept regards ken
Hi Ken

It`s for two adults 2/3 Sept.
Can you use Ryanair and what airport do you want to fly from.
How long do you want to go for.

Forget about taxis,there`s a local bus companies coach waiting outside the terminal to drop you off outside your hotel and pick you up on your return.
It costs 10-50 euros per person return.
Speak to you when you give more info
Hi, We stayed in the los angeles in june 2007. We found the reception staff very friendly, the rooms were basic but clean, and the food was fine. Across the road from the hotel there are 3 pubs, karaoke pub, irish pub and charlie chaplins, they can be a bit noisy night, but you dont go on holiday to go to bed early :? The hotel is round the corner from the chippy and the indian, so you are quite central to everything, the beach is about 10 mins walk. We are going back there in july, we book with alpharooms and ryanair, cause it is cheaper than booking through an agent. Hav a good holiday 8)
hiya - went to salou a couple years ago and going to book again this year. We booked our flights with ryanair - they are the best deal! Food for thought - we used medhotels.com and got a cracking deal at the Salou Park Hotel which was a very nice hotel just around the corner from Los Angeles but much much nicer and no real difference in the price. We had a look in the Los Angeles when we were there - it was ok but I wouldn't stay there after staying in the Salou Park for around the same price........
Has anyone been to los angeles salou.
Eilean
I was thinking in going to this hotel for next year but i dont know enough about this hotel. I have been on the hotel reviews but all that is on that is bad reviews . I am hoping that someone has been there this year and if so can you tell me if i would be waisting my money and is it near the internacional 2 as my girls loved those apartments was thinking in going half board next year as for the reason of not booking the internacional 2 but the internacional 2 would be my last choice if i cant get a decent price on half board.
sharonc
Hi Sharonc,

I wouldn't particularly rate the Los Angeles, not one of the better options. I don't know what price it was but you would be better off with somewhere like the Hotel Playa Park which is at the top of the hill that the International II is on. The Los Angeles is one of the 'Best Hotel' chain, unfortunately they are only best by name, not the worst hotels in the world but definately not the best and the Los Angeles is not that good even by their standards.

Another good hotel not a million miles away from the International II is the Hotel Marinada, and the Calypso is also very family friendly but the reviews seem to suggest this is a love it or hate it hotel.

If you don't mind being in another part of Salou then there are lots of good options, but I tend to think the area around the International II is the more run down area of Salou with older hotels and generally lower standards.

Let me know if you want more options in a different part of town :cheers

Mark
thanks mark it was on offer for £1500 for the end of july next year. It's just that my girls loved the area around the internacional 11 as my older one felt safe to walk about near by . dont get me wrong i would book the internacional 11 again but as it was self catering i found with 2 picky eaters it was hard finding places to go out and eat. Thats the reason for me thinking on half board as i would not waist money eating out but they might think in other areas in salou as long as it was salou and not one of the other areas like cap salou if you have other places in mind that would be great thanks Mark
what about the Oasis park is that one a good one to go to as well
Oasis park is OK but is on the main street or the San Diego,which I prefer.

http://www.besthotels.es
nothing like reports on TA... watch out for my full review sometime next week

wizard

24/7/11 now on hotel review site
I liked Best Oasis, my family and I have stayed there twice and are due to go again this September. It is near enough to the entertainment and beach but not too close to keep you awake. The food was nice and I am a fussy eater, although I must say there wasn't a huge amount of choice but what there was, was well cooked and tasty. The hotel is also very clean. I am sure you will like it there. I guess it depends what you want from an holiday though. Our ages range from 1 and 47 and it seems to suit all of us.

Let me know if you want anymore information or help booking it. I just booked the hotel with Holidaynights.co.uk and it was a good price.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.