Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Don't know what sort of accomodation you are looking for, but we stayed at the Cye Holiday Centre (self catering) in Salou a few years back.

Its far enough away from the main areas to be reasonably quiet but easily accessable (It is about 15 mins walk to the resort Centre & 10 mins to the beach.) I always point out to be careful - there are 2 Cye Apartments in Salou - you need to check out the Holiday Centre

The Water park is at La Pineda which is another good resort - about 20 mins bus ride from Salou.

Stayed at the Donaire Beach in La Pineda but it was the end of the season when everything was winding down so can't give an idea of what it's like in the high season.

Check out the Hotel revues on this site for some other details.
If you're looking at Hotels, I can recommend the VilLaRomana in Salou. It's in a quiet part of town halfway between PortAventura and the beach (about 10 mins walk to each). There are also the Belvedere, the Salauris Palace and the Sol Costa Daurada in the same area. All these hotels tend to have an international clientelle and they're full of families wanting to go to PortAventura. They're all a lot cheaper than the PortAventura hotels as well (and one of those is just over the road). The water park at La Pineda is fine for bigger kids, but the one at PortAventura is better if they're under 1.2m in height (it's still just as good for bigger kids too). Salou itself has a great sandy beach, safe and ideal for families. For the bigger kids there's a go-kart track on the road from the airport, and Barcelona is only about an hour away. Another plus for us was that Salou is only 20 minutes from Reus airport, so you're not sitting on a coach for hours.

HB
:wave: Hi Sue, I have stayed in the El Paso and Vi.la Romana, which as Harry B says, is in a very good location when you visit P. Aventura. If I want a beach holiday, with a few visits to the theme/water park, I like to stay in Cap Salou. I have stayed in the Best Negresco and Best Punta Dorada and these are by a very nice beach. There are buses running at the top of the road into Cambrils, Salou, P. Aventura, La Pineda and Tarragona.

:cheers Starry
have just returneb from the meditaranean village in cap salou it would be great for familys as there is plenty going on all the time, its about a 20 min walk into la pineda which has a fantastis beach and water park, the bus for salou stops right outside the hotel or it can be walked, i loved it there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.