Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Here are three things worth trying

A trip to Mahon and a glass bottom boat trip around the harbour which provides a good commentary - yellow catamaran trip is the best (Mahon also has a weekly market so you might want to do the market in the morning and the boat trip in the afternoon - I think market day is Tuesday)

A trip to the monastery at the top of the Mountain - it is the highest part of Menorca and you get a great view of the island (despite the mobile phone tower) it does not take long to get up there either

There are horse trotting races on Saturday and Sunday evenings in Cuitadella and Saint Luis - they are good fun - you can bet on the races etc (lots of locals there)
I've listed:

Coves d'en Xoroi - for a couple of hours (avoid nearby Cales Cove without a 4x4)
Cala Galdana - for a day resort visit and Cala 'n Bosch in the evening.
Fornells & Cala Morell - both quite unique.
Monte Toro - the highest point on the Island.

The two main towns are worth a day trip both very diferent to each other, Cuitadela very Spanish and Mahon with a big English influence.

Lastly, we had a good day visiting a fort near Mahon, forgotten the name, there's lost of walking and its not everyone's cup-o-tea but I enjoyed it.

I've listed them here linky.
Thank you very much - lots to fit in!
I've remembered......

Its called La Mola, a fortress near Mahon. It has its own website if your interested.

http://www.fortalesalamola.com/

Google map

Have a great time.
If you are interested in nice beaches off the beaten track, try the Son Saura beach (follow the signposts on the road south out of Ciutadella). There are several miles of untarmaced road before you get to the car park and then a short walk to it but this just helps limit the numbers of tourists that bother to visit. Spent a lovely afternoon there only 4 days ago. Also well worth a visit is Sa Mesquida beach a few miles north of Mahon. It's another beach in a lovely setting. Part of it is sometimes used by naturists but there is plenty of room for everyone as well as plenty of parking spaces on the road leading to it. Other beaches worth a visit are Cala Mitjana (turn left just before you reach Cala Galdana) and Cala Macarelletta (initially take the same road as for the Son Saura from Ciutadella).
Thanks, have made a note of everything, not long to go now! :lol:
When in Menorca you have to go to Mahon, its beautiful and there are glass bottom boat trips aswell as good shopping and cultural places. It'd be worth going there for a day :)
What trips do the reps offer ?
The reps offer the usual trips round the island etc

I think you can go on a catamaran cruise as well

Also there is a horse show on the evenings that you can book through the reps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.