Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi there just returned from Salou and found the best place for fags n baccy was very near the sea front.If you walk down the main street to the beach passed the robin hood on your left and oo7's on your right then when you get to the front take a left and follow that street for about 2mins you should see a big Tabac.They have a good range and good prices.I picked up 10 pouches of GV for 38euro(about £26).Also they had a deal on black sovereign 15euro for 200!!!!The fortuna were quite cheap too.I paid abot £70for 1000 and they're very nice!they do take sterling but the exchange rate aint the best so you're better off paying in euros.Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply, just got back and didn't see your hint in time but happily we found the same place.
Golden Virginia has now gone up to 39 euros, still a good price. Reus Airport Aldesa Shop charges 50 euros for the same thing! They are also about 3 or 4 euros dearer per carton of fags.
We were told that all official "tabacos" shops charge the same official price but sometimes have a special offer.
The shop you mentioned gave us a nice bottle of Bells Whisky if we bought 16 cartons of fags for example.
Royals and Mayfair were also good at 21.50 and 24.50 euros respectively, and JPS are 15 euros as well as the Sovereign at that price. Thats £11, can't be bad!
that's ok glad you found it.I suppose Salou being the size it is you would have been pretty hard pushed not to!We found that basically the tabacs charged the same as well and there was no room for haggling!However we also found that Supermarkets charged different prices for alcohol and found the best one to be next to the robin hood.8.50 euros for a litre of smirnoff!!!!
The best one I found was near the fountain a few doors down from the Tahiti restaurant. can't remember prices now but remember I thought it cheap at the time + didn't need passport with me just credit card.
Was that a tabac or cheap booze?If it was a tabac it sounds like the same one we went to
Do they take credit cards as payment or is it cash only?
Hi i'm pretty sure they take credit cards though i'm sure the best way to get the best rate is cash
They do take credit cards.
hello

i am visiting salou on february 6th i would like to know if anyone knows how much i can buy lambert and butler for per sleve also regal or silk cut. i would appreciate a quick responce thanks all.

dan
Hi Dan my partener bought Lambert and Butler forabout 30euros a sleeve which is about £20.If you're looking to buy for yourself you may want to try the local brands as you get much more for your money.I know they sell silk cut and embassy regals and i would have thought they'd be a similar price to the Lamberts as all brands that are foreign to them are more expensive.Hope this helps
thanks for that mikey.
C an i buy dorchester superkings out their we can get cheap flights and a hotel half board for 2 people for about 145 pounds for 3 nights but i only smoke dorchester thanks sandi
Hi I am going to salou at the end of the month, how much is it for 200 Jp's? its been a while since i've been to spain has anyone heard of the hotel magnolia
back last night only 2 tobacs open as prices are gov controlled our superkings were 2.75 eu per 20 or 27.50 euro for 200 in both

wizard
hi i am going to salou on 8th may and was wondering if anyone knew the prices of the cigs and tobacco as i heard the prices have gone up recently also where is the cheapest place to buy from any advice?
cheers.
Could someone please clarify if there is still tabac shops in salou as I was reading in another thread that someone found it hard to get any ciggies? We are non smokers but always bring them back for family

Thanks

Marion
hi there
just wanted to no the price if mayfair gigs as i am going away a a 2 night break with hubby and its the 2nd time going back to salou didnt like it the first time stayed in hotel jamie 1 and it was a total nightmare for the 2 weeks we stayed there with our two kids that was in 2003 and it has took me 3 years to go back that hotel will not put me of anymore apart from the hotel the holiday was great but want to find out how much the gigs are and the mayfair superkings to thanks :D
how many sleve's of mayfair can i bring back to the uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.