Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
best way to go
13 Posts
depends really. Heard mixed reports about food in the hotels - if you pay for HB and get bad food it's a waste of money, and foods quite cheap in Tunisia.

If you like a drink, buy some at the airport - we found the beer weak and the wine awful.....

kev
We stayed at the Riu Park El Kebir in Hammamet last November on all inclusive and it was fantastic.
We got an excellent deal through Thomson and the food and drink was very good,better than any other hotel i have stayed at in Tunisia.
I would say HB, at least that way you have the option of both brekkie and dinner. Sometimes you may have a siesta and wake up in the evening, eat dinner, go out, then have a late meal at night if you get the munchies. Agreed, food isn't expensive but depending on how many mouths you need to feed and the frequency, it could be a significant amount on the budget that could be spent on souvenirs, shoes, maybe even a spa treatment..lol

Sometimes you might not feel like going out in the evening, especially if you've had a hectic day and for that reason HB is good.

Tej Marhaba (sousse) had excellent breakfast & dinner, Karawan (sousse)had the best breakfast ever, dinner was ok, Golden Soviva (PEK), uggh.. Sindbad (Hammam Sousse), breakfast & dinner ok Green Golf (Yasmine Hammamet), breakfast ok, dont know about dinner, Caravan Serail (Douz), good breakfast dont know about dinner, Hotel Nefta (Nefta) good breakfast, don't know about dinner.
I've only seen the Karawan on All Inclusive recently which was a shame as it sounded good from your description of it and I'd have booked if they still did HB.
Hi Aslemma

Did you try findmeaccom.com? that's where I got the HB for back in Oct 06, the breakfast was the best ever. Mouth salivates just thinking about it :lol:

Never stayed at El Hana before so will definetely look forward to your review on that.

For anyone who's interested I've added a review for Tej Marhaba in the hotel reviews section.
I think that might have been about the only company I didn't look at as I tried so many. Finally booked through Travel Republic. Incidentally, how were the 'heelies' in Sousse - did they cause a riot :lol:
LOL yes the tunisians loved the heelies. Me, I never actually put mine on, we went to the park here on on monday and tuesday before we flew, I thought yeah this will be easy, kids make it look easy, i was hanging onto the railings in the park :lol:

My daughter, she picked it up in Tunisia with help from my friends out there, runnin around sousse holding both her arms, a few falls in the tej and outside the airport, but she's got the hang of it.

So now I'm back here I've got to practise..lol before I go back
Been to Tunisia many times ------all beit many years ago---------until last year!!!!!!! previously had visited about 10 times-then had a gap of about 14 yrs-----------after last year would never go again!!!!!!!!---------all I can say is never go on a hol to any hotel in Borj cedria!!!!!!! [ south Tunis] -its desolate!!!!!

having said that we had an OK time-but put me off totally!!!!

Its a teletext resort!!!!!!!!! never seen it advertised anywhere else!!

the whole place consists of 2 hotels!!!!!!!!

When we were there-approx-10/12 british----------the rest were french,italian,dutch---so there fore all the staff wouldn't entertaain the English!!-----------try getting a drink????????

put us off Tunisia for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just to add--------I've got friends that live in Sahline1[ just outside Skanes] so its not as though we don'tlike the country--its just after our last experience-we would never go back!!!!!!!
Hi nocdoe :wave
My friend has an apartment in Sahline Sebkha, it's a convenient location surrounded by salt lakes, but I got bored there. I was always jumping on the metro to sousse.

Borj Cedria sounds like skanes with less hotels :lol: from your description.
What can i say----except spot on!!!!!!!!!!!
have read reviews on riu park el kebir=very good a/i but only seems to be with thomsons,also dar khayam mixed reviews on al/i but very good price and reviews say there are bars and restaurants nearby so can always go out for meals as well. can anyone give me an idea of the price of beer, wine and local mixers.also do they charge for sunbeds and brollys on the beach?
thanks a lot
sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.