France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
toastedmallow wrote:
Am considering a holiday in one of these towns. Has anyone visited either & would 1 be 'better' than the other?
Ideally we'd like to stay in or within walking distance of the centre for access to restaurants in the evening without worry of driving & wine consumption!
Any thoughts most appreciated or if anyone knows of a 1 bed apt for rentals that'd be helpful too! :tup ( or any other town in the area which would be good as a touring base

Beziers is a big city with lots to see and the usual problems associating cities
Pezenas is near Agde (almost a suburb) and Agde is a beautiful city too
Can't help with restaurants as it's a few years since we visited the area (Portiragne Plagé - camping with Euro wotsit)

Why not check out camping out there using one of the big companies who have ready erected tents or mobile homes
the two areas are quite close together and you could almost cycle between the two in one day they're about 35 miles aprt along the Canal Du Midi
Thanks for replying Gray.
Still in preliminary stage of planning this. Looks like a very interesting & attractive region, but then where isn't in France?
Campsite might be an option: thanks for the suggestion. ;)
toastedmallow wrote:
Thanks for replying Gray.
Still in preliminary stage of planning this. Looks like a very interesting & attractive region, but then where isn't in France?
Campsite might be an option: thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Pas de problem as I get when I'm asking a tricky one in Montendré any more I can help just shout
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.