Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Sue .. the only previous post I can find in relation to this flight was about Air Passenger Duty .. please click here.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your more specific questions about Amsterdam Airport here in this thread.

David :wave
Amsterdam Airport is a large complex airfield however its beauty is that it has one (large) terminal with many different zones.(A to H if i remember correctly)

Walking distance will be determined by where the parking gates of inbound and outbound flights are, however on arrival at AMS you follow "transit passengers"signs and there are many signs and television screens advising passengers of where to go to get their connecting flight.

KLM also advise (sometimes) on the flight from UK to AMS what gate to go to (and zone) for onward connections therefore your son could actually ask on board the flight from BHX if it is possible to advise him on the departure gate for onward flight but only if the time is a tight connection (ie around 1 hour).

KLM will at BHX check baggage all the way through to final destination.

Nivsy
Thanks very much Nivsy for the quick reply :D And thanks David for finding my original post :lol:
Well he is away, and up in the sky safely, so thanks for the instructions :D In fact he has been in almost constant contact with me since 5.00 a.m. :roll: (did he think I might not be asleep!) and I feel I know as much about schiphol airport as I will ever need to :lol:
Where on earth is Hato ?
:lol: Sorry, Hato is the airport for Curacao in the Netherlands Antilles.

And he arrived safely :D
Glad to hear he arived safe and sound. Ask him for a report on KLM long haul!!! :lol:
I certainly will, he doesn't come back till 29th March though! :D
Mad Sue,
Please be aware that if he buys any duty free drink in Hato he will NOT be allowed to take it with him from AMS to BHX as security will confiscate it (or make him drink it all!). If he is bringing anything home from there, make sure he puts it (well wrapped) in his checked-in luggage and not carry it as hand luggage as their restrictions on liquids etc in AMS are the same as ours.

Cheers,
Jet
Thanks jetnoise, I will hopefully get that info to him!!!!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.