Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Bit shocked
12 Posts
Have just checked them out and it's none of them. The Natura Palace was right next door to us. and the Timanfaya had lots of families when we passed. The Papagayo is too far in the wrong direction. This particular hotel was close to Sun beach and Lanzarote Princess.
Sorry not sure. However, I tried to search for you and was amazed to read that a lot of the hotels have a nudist roof terrace in Playa Blanca.......I didnt know :oops:
Kath x
Really? I need to search out the map Thomas Cook gave me as it had all the hotels on it. I knew about the nudist beaches as my FIL was panicking every time we went to the beach. :rofl
Lots of hotels all over the Canaries provide a rooftop area for naturists, especially if the hotel attracts Germans as it's very popular with some of them. I was staying in Tenerife with my very elderly parents a few years ago and one day they went up on the roof to look at the view only to make a quick exit when they found the view wasn't quite what they were expecting.

Judith
only to make a quick exit when they found the view wasn't quite what they were expecting

Oh bless them lol :rofl
Yes, I new about the beaches, but didnt realise about the hotels.

Kath x
It IS rather rude for people to take photo's of them! It's like a group of teengers thinking "Oh, look! Nude people, teehee!"
Groovee. I read this post the other day - and am still trying to work out which hotel this is (not that I'll be taking my camera lol).

The market you went to... was it the Marina market? Or the one over the other side?

If the marina market... did you walk past the shopping centre, up to the main road and trun left? In which case, where was the hotel in relation to that?

If the other market... did you come out of there, turn right, and then almost immediately left? There's at least two hotels on the left hand side of that road.

I think it's great that nudism is so accepted in Spain. I read recently that the Spanish naturists are trying to stop beaches being classed as nudist - so that all beaches are a free for all. Bring it on I say! Oh apart from when I take hubby's boys down to Papagayo and they're shocked by ladies of a certain age, with sagging... and wrinkles... (which wouldn't be so bad without...)... the bending over to see what's in the rock pools!

But then teenage boys are shocked by everything anyway aren't they?

Personally I think that Famara (and its surfing fans) should be completely nuddie. *sigh*

Elle xx

PS: It's ok... My taxi's here - I'll get me coat. :rofl
It wasn't the marina market. We came out the market opposite a small car park and turned right and walked up as though going pastthe side of Sun Beach towards the Lanarote Pincess. The road was paralelle(sp? it's too early) to the road that the Princess Yaiza is on. We crossed the road and about 50 yards from where we crossed there were like some gates for emergency exit or something and the pool was behind these.
Ooh, I know where you mean... but I can't remember the name of the Hotel. Next time I drive past there I'll have a look for the name.

Elle xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.