Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We went to Blue Bay Getaway sister hotel, Blue Bay Club last December.
We did visit the Getaway as you can use the facilities at both hotels, and found it is very adult orientated. I think I am very broad minded and like a laugh but I found some of the activities very embarassing and I didn't like looking at 60+ olds wearing nothing but thongs, (there were quite a few elderly americans there). Blue Bay Club was more family friendly, hardly any children, plenty of young Canadians who liked a laugh. Because you can use both hotels there were quite a few guests from the Getaway using the Club as they felt uncomfortable there. I don't want to put you off, it's best to be prepared and maybe this is your type of place.
Thanks Dragon, as I thought, it probably isn't the palce for us. It sounded a bit like the Hedonism resorts in Jamaica when I read about it so I thought I'd better check before booking. Thanks for the info, I'll see what deal I can get for the Blue Bay Club.

Darren
Those Hedonism resorts in Jamaica look WILD, very much so in fact. We stayed next door (at Point Village) to the one in Negril and their guests used to try and entice us in on a regular basis. They did have a nude and dressed side but most people I saw were nude and loving it!

Not really my scene either!

Check out Iberostar as I know they have a resort in Mexico. I have stayed at one in Dom Rep and can highly recommend them, others also speak highly of them as a chain. Or alternatively check out the Riu hotels there.

Good luck.

SAM
Anybody been here recently can tell us what this hotel is like now

We were last here in 2001

Also what's the Weather like around February /March time
I recently have booked Blue Bay Getaway for my honeymoon. I have read a lot of different reports both good and bad. Overall what is Blue Bay like for honeymoons and do you get room upgrade most of the time (as it is allocated on arrival)? :?
I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news. Any travel agent worth their salt should never have sent you there. It is described in the brochure as having adult entertainments programme. In plain terms it's a swingers hotel, the hedonism group visist in the summer. I apologise if this is what you are looking for. My advice is to ask your travel agent why you were not informed of this because as a travel agent this is common knowledge.
Demand they change you and make them pay the charges.
lisa we went to blue bay last year for our honeymoon dont youdare try to change it we had the best time ever yes there are some naughty games going on round the swimming pool but come on you dont have to watch them we stayed round the quiet pool most of the time they have a bar in the middle of the pool it was great we have been to some top hotels in the world but i think it would take a lot to beat this one its called having fun so you go girl and really have some and you can always take a little peek i did :wink: xxxx
well each to their own , but i would n't go there at all. I would not recommend it and as a travel agent i never really have, unless the customers were very insistent.

There are far nicer hotels in the area but unfortuneatly it always comes up the best value but personally i would advise against going there !!
We stayed at the Getaways sister hotel the Marina and Club last year. We visited the Getawayand although we found some of the games at the pool were reather tacky the worst thing was the 60 and 70 year olds topless and in tiny thongs, this was not a a pretty sight. But again a holiday is what you make it, personally I would'nt stay there but there are plenty of people who do.
Cheers Cazxx1! I know everybody is different. Im up for a laugh! I have been talking to others who went there on there honeymoon and had a ball. They said the hotel is really clean, staff are great and there is a bit of extreme adult entertainment but they took it with a pinch of salt. After all its what u make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes
that is so true the staff were great and the food mmmmmmmmm we will be going back there but were off to st lucia on monday so i think we will be giving it a miss this year :wink: have a wonderful time i know you will take care x
Hi can anyone tell me anythin about this hotel?

how far is it to cancuns nightlife, shopping etc by foot/bus.

Can anyone recommend any activities, excursions and advise of prices?

Thanks everyone
Hi Caziann, If you have a look on page 2 in this forum you will see another thread about this hotel, reviews seem to be a a bit mixed, guess it depends how adventurous you are!
Ellei
BBG
As a repeater member I can say- got the BBG T shirt

Nightlife - nothing is too far away and the resort entertainment staff usually organise an all-inclusive deal to get you in a night club most nights (with transport there but not back )
LA Boom has it's own fleet of red London buses to pick people up

buses are very regular right outside the hotel one price for wherever you go it's a circular route so you can see the sights and stay on if you want know of a few Americans who have fallen asleep on them and been riding round for hours

check out the Cancun website there are some discount vouchers usually available on there

How are you getting there ??
If from the UK and by My Travel go and pay the extra for the superior seats if there are any left so much better than cattle class the captain even comes and chats to you if you are lucky

if you go to the http://fotopic.net/ website and search for BBG you can find a lot of pictures from other visitors there

BTW

Say Hi to Chino's for Stephanie and Graham
:lol:
Am looking to book the above hotel soon for next march/april. Have read some great reviews, we would like a quiet day time with good entertainment in the evening. It sounds as if it is more suited to 18/30's rather than very young at heart 50's. Is it packed with youngsters, not that we have anything against them !! :wink:
Has anyone been to the Blue Bay Club or the sister hotel Bluebay getaway in cancun........ Want to go next year..... info please. :wink:
We went to the Club and Marina 2 years ago. This is more family orientated than the Getaway, which is for over 18's only. The hotel was very friendly and the animated team the best, they did trips into Cancun every night visiting night clubs. We visted the Getaway (as you can use their faciliities, but found it was a bit too tacky - lots of American 60's and 70's year olds topless and in thongs - whatever turns your on). The beach at the club is not much to talk about but the deck was good for suunbathing. As you can use each others facilities we met people staying at the Getaway who prefered the entertainment (less adult) at he Club.
We have just returned from Cancun (Oct 15th 2005). Out original booking was with the Blue Bay Club...looked nice enough in the reception.out of our group (14 people) 5 couples were put into to timeshare roms and told they would have to move the next morning and the other 2 couples were put into the cells (sorry..rooms across the road!!) the rooms across the road were a shambles, big holes in the walls around the air conditioning, dodgy wiring etc etc and not clean. At least 3 other couples that arrived with us had the same problems. The hotel could not do anything about the situation that evening and said we would be moved to different rooms in the morning. Luckily our rep came in the morning and we all told her of our complaints..she gave us the option of going to the Getaway and a few went to see it.....drinking parties and naked bodies all over the place is not our idea of a relaxing holiday!! even people who were staying at the getaway were coming up to the blue bay club to have an enjoyable evening!!! Our rep managed to get us into a different hotel all together (Gran Costa Real) which was much closer to the town and a 5* hotel which we had paid for!!
In my opinion (well, at least 20 peoples opinions), stay well away from both blue bay hotels...especially if the reception say...your room is just across the road!!!!! I wouldn't house my cats in those rooms!!
Hello, this was on BBC1 this evening ADULTS place :smokin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.