Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I can't see them not contacting you. I flew with BMI last year and they made a slight ammendment to the flight time, they e-mailed me, telephoned me and wrote to make sure I was aware of the change.
And shouldn't they really be refunding the total amount I paid without deduction?

You need to check the small print/T&Cs - most state that in the event of a refund being paid, the credit charge is not included.

SM
If you booked online the notificaton is likely to be an email to the address you gave. You need to check your spam filter settings in case it has been blocked.

The business of not refunding the card charges is an interesting point. Technically they would say they have passed to you the charge made by the card industry for processing your card. Now if the cancellation was caused by something sudden and unexpected that may be reasonable. But if the cancellation is down to a business decision to cut a service (say over fuel prices) or they've suddenly discovered a fault in their planning it might make things different. It might be worth writing to the Office of Fair Trading and asking them to consider the wider issue.
I've booked with bmi, not bmibaby, both online and by phone. Any time there has been even a slight change to the flights times by only 5 mins, they have emailed me with the new itinerary. There was also a link on the email to confirm that you had noted the new times.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.