Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Here we go again
121 Posts
just caught the tail end of the news about some bombs in dahab. anyone hear it all or know anymore news?
sorry didn't see that someone had reported it. lock this one please.
I beat you by a minute.

Saw it on Five news, that's all I've heard.
just caught tail end of news myself. haven't heard anymore yet.
Have checked on reuters and sky news websites - reports on the latter quote a doctor who suggests there may be up to 100 dead/injured, but no real detail
the Sky news website has some more info and has being updated just a few mins ago.

Early reports there of at least 100 dead and wounded - hope and pray this is an over-estimate. Explosions apparently hit the bazaar area and the el-mashrabiyah hotel

http://www.skynews.co.uk

sorry caro - my post crossed with yours!
At least 17 dead and 150 injured in one hotel. :cry: :cry:
How far is Dahab from Sharm does anyone know. On the news it is mostly Egytian people that have died, so sad :cry:
It's about 90km from Sharm airport.
we were in Dahab having dinner at one of the sea food restaurants this time last week. Its about an hour from CSR. I am so sad, it is such a beautiful place...
Thanks Everest.

It seems to be hitting individual destinations. Like Sharm, Taba, now Dahab, has anywhere ever been hit twice. maybe the authorities should tighten security near El Gouna and other hot spots. It maybe a pattern emerging.
El Gouna security is pretty tight already

Came back this weekend and at both checkpoints into the town EVERY car was stopped and checked on each occasion we came through, they have sniffer dogs and mirrors that "see" the chassis of the car too. Gouna is fortunate in only having the two access roads into the town (both of which are a good distance from any of the properties) with permanent security on both, plus security points closer to town itself so all trafic in is already monitored.

So far everything recent has been aimed at the sinai peninsula rather than "mainland" Egypt but you can bet security everywhere is tighter now.
Channel 4 is reporting some sources have put the number of dead at 100.

This is horrendous

I really don't know what to say
Here we go again, why oh why oh why? My hear and soul goes out to the people of Egypt and Dahab. I am due to go to my beloved Sharm for my 10th visit in 11 days time, I have also been to Eilat twice. Nothing will ever stop me from going. Those cowardly ******** have gained nothing, but the dead have lost everything.
Once again local businesses will suffer, innocent people, simply trying to make a living and support their families will now wonder if they will be able to feed their loved ones this week if the tourists stop coming.
Don't stop going ... if you do those idiotic morons, who unbelievably consider themselves brave - will win, and I for one will not be beaten by a bunch of ****wits.
xxSBxx
Wife & I booked to go to Sharm on 11th May. We WILL be going. :( :( :(
Hoorahhhh!!!!
Will se you there Barclay we go on 4th may for 2 weeks, where are you staying xxxx
Three Corners Kirosiez
Hi Have loved ones out there at the moment, really worried! can anyone find a helpline number to call they travelled with thomson. I've searched the net and not found one yet and when I was looking at sky news they hadn't posted one yet.

Ta Arl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.