General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I have personally booked flights and accomodation i.e easyjet for family members as presents using my credit card details and there has never been a problem. I believe you get asked for the name of person booking which would need to be you if using your card and then it should ask for names of people travelling seperately . please correct me anyone if you think im wrong.

lyn
Hi Lyn, Juby.

I agree with you as I always book our 2 flights on line with either my debit or credit card and my partner has a different name from me so I suppose its the same thing.
Linsi
You sometimes get asked to bring the card which you paid with to the airport as a security check when checking in. We've never been asked to show our credit card yet though. I think I'd phone the flight company to double check.
:D I've always booked my mum and dads hol on my visa, and never had no probs!
Usually the card details, name & billing address are asked for in a seperate section to the names of the people who are flying. It's no problem to enter 2 entirely different addresses

When your parents check in they only need their booking reference not your card details.

I always book my parents flights and sometimes their friends too and I don't travel with them!
thanks guys, have never booked for anyone else before, as someone else mentioned, it could be a present ? never thought of this !
keep tring to persuade the oldies ( theyre only early 60s, very young at heart) they should have at least a debit card ! they don't trust the internet, never mind banks ! ha !
Juby - I book stuff for my parents on line all the time without any problem. I just give them the print out etc. with the booking ref on and it's fine.
Like your parents they are technophobes - they were gifted a PC when my uncles company closed and have had it for a year and still don't have any internet!! And of course as long as I keep doing stuff for them, they'll never get it :D
My parents have booked and paid for flights with Ryan Air. Hubby and I have never had any problems, Mum has forwarded the confirmation email to me which I've printed off.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.