Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
:D hi the med village is brills for kids. the kids club is great and the daisy club is the best they look after the kids no end. daisy disco at night . the kids can go twice a day to the club . worth a try :D :D
reporting from salou internacional II is good and pretty reasonable for kids
Hi Whit
Depends what you mean by good for the kids. I go Camping La Siesta. Its not a hotel , its mobile homes. Ive been going for over 9 yrs . There used to be organised stuff for the kids and adults but now its a what they call a freedom holiday.
Its on a great site right behind all the main shops in Salou, and 20minutes walk from port adventura. There is a main pool and a childrens pool , plenty of free loungers , and a cafe bar next to the pool, which has outside pool table tennis ect.
I like it as the kids can run around and make as much noise as they like , and there are usually plenty of other children to play with. At night there is a silence rule after about 11pm. Which is upheld and any one causing problems will be put off site .
The parents I find get together and have a laugh natter and a drink on the patios outside the caravan if they arent going out.
Its self catering but only a short walk to all the best eat out places. I have spent many happy years holidaying on this site, and am back this year again.
If any one wants info I will post it . PS There is a sister site Sanguli which has all the kids clubs and usual activities. Great staff on both sites .
do you book flights separte?
Hi Whit
Yes if you take the accommodation option you need to book your flights and transferes yourself.
I went for years by coach which you book all in with Siesta holidays. Very reasonable prices. It goes from loads of places in uk. They basically babysit you all the way there and back. They even take your cases to mobile home. (well on the main walk between the lines of mobles., there are only about 6 on each side)
Depends on what type of children you have if it suited or if you fancied a day in euro disney on the way. My kids always loved it , thought it was part of the holiday. There are films on and personal radio just like on the plane. You can get drinks and snacks on coach , and chance to see the real France and Spain on the way. Plus a ferry trip. I took five children on my own first time and loved it. You leave about 8am and land in Salou about 12noon next day. I have to fly this year but wish was going by coach .
You can book accommodation only and fly. Dont know where you are so can only give info for northwest,
There are 2 airlines that fly into REUS . One quotes £169 one quotes £61 return. I believe they both only go from Liverpool John Lennon.
Ryanair fly a daily service from Liverpool. Leaving 6.45am arriving in Reus 9.55 am . On return leaving from Reus 10.20 am arriving back 11 ? . You need check this out on thier site.
yes i would also recommend the med village,well worth the money
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.