General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
what like this one :rofl :rofl :rofl

there are many topics which don't interest me but i still look, with such a wide membership you cant please all the members all the time, just some of them occasionally, if its holiday related And keeps members happy then fine by me

wiz
What makes me feel I've wasted my time is if I feel that I've contributed with useful information on a thread and the original poster never comes back and says how things went. Still I'm still prepared to continue but it would be so good to receive some positive feedback from travel queries.
I'd be interested to know what constitutes a boring or 'waste of time' topic for you. One man's meat is another man's poison...and all that :que
I have a good job, a good life and find nothing boring on this site. :que I'm sure that all contributions are gratefully received. If people only posted when they have something earth shattering to say, then the site wouldn't be long before folding
Alsacienne wrote:
What makes me feel I've wasted my time is if I feel that I've contributed with useful information on a thread and the original poster never comes back and says how things went. Still I'm still prepared to continue but it would be so good to receive some positive feedback from travel queries.

Similar to me - someones questions are asked and I go to the trouble of looking on the net finding information posting details and the link and the OP doesn't come back.
unfortunately Girls thats a fact of life these days, but remember although the original questioner may not respond others may find the information of use

yasus
wizard
What's so boring?....yes we all have a life but some topics are more interesting than others, thats a fact of life, if you are male maybe talk about which bikini to buy will sound trite but to us girls it's very important :rofl
You're right Wizard but courtesy never hurt anyone ;)
I agree with Alsacienne about wasting time on people who never come back but it may not always be bad manners. I'm sure many find this site by chance, one problem is that you can set yourself an account and leave a message in one session, log out with honest intentions - and then realise you didn't add the site to Favourties or make a note of the address and can't find your way back!!

As wizard said the info may be useful to others but there have been posts where the OP asks half a question, people ask for the rest and there it ends. No use to anyone and may as well be deleted.

It would be interesting to know how many users have only posted one message and then gone dormant.
Probably quite a few Steve. I had no intention of joining HT when I first found the site. I just needed some information about a hotel I was thinking of booking, and I googled the name of the hotel and was directed to HT. After receiving the info I needed (I did thank the poster) I read some more of the posts and someone was asking about New Zealand(my favourite destination) and I answered the question and I'm still here five years later. I do sometimes wonder about members who have been around for a while, who should know how HT works but still ask questions that could easily be answered by checking out the various forums but I usually try and answer the queries if I can.
My impression from the OP was he/she was talking about the hints and tips we post rather than the more general help many of us give with travel related questions. It is lovely when we get feed back but sadly not everyone are as polite as some.....Caz
One man's meat is another man's poison...
Very true, and an Englishman's fish is a Frenchman's poisson :rofl Sorry, I just couldn't resist that!!
i know this is general holiday enquires but is their any need for some of the posts. i log in and go arghh not again get a life or a job and stop posting "swear".
i know i'll get stated for this

:rofl

is this not just another one of those threads topics etc you were hinting at????

and I didn't notice you get slated either. There is some chaff on here, but you sort through and read what you need so to speak.

I think this site is great, very helpful and often entertaining. Never boring and never a waste of time. What is a waste of time is replying to people who never even have the courtesy to at least acknowledge the effort people have put in to help answer their question.
Couldn't agree with you more Val. It also irks me when some people treat you as their own private travel adviser by constantly PM'ing you with questions they could just as easily (and often more usefully) ask on the forums.
by constantly PM'ing you with questions they could just as easily (and often more usefully) ask on the forums.

yes girls ALL questions of a non personal matter related to holidays should be posted on the forums

yasus
wizard
Have to say, if a thread has an interesting heading or a topic I may be able to contribute to , I'll read it. I don't find anyones posts boring or a waste of time, I think most people have a genuine reason for posting a question or starting off a lighthearted topic and would hope other readers don't secretly think 'blimey, I wish I hadn't wasted me time reading that cos it was boring and a waste of time' ! shudder at the very thought .............. :rofl
hi all.....think Im one of them posters our OP is on about..........sometimes things seem a bit quiet on HT...we do have our times when I think if visitors knocked we would appear to be out....so I try think of a fun or interesting topic....so the lights stay on and someone is making a noise......and very often when Im trying to plan a holiday or have an on going booking something comes up Im not sure about....I could probably get the info by surfing the net.....but Id rather ask about it on here.....the reason being I know if Im not sure and Ive done a good bit of traveling by now.....then there is going to be plent of others new to traveling abroad who would find the replies very useful and reassuring......tweetie
Just wondered what topics the OP thought were boring and a waste of time?
I asked that question too Miss Pink-about 4th post down. No reply yet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.