Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
All I've heard is that you're not allowed to smoke, or have kettles or those little cup warmer thingies in cabins. Also, we were recently on the Black Watch where it seemed that many of the crew had swopped with the members of the Boudicca crew for some reason.

Sorry not to be of more help. we are unlikely ever to cruise on it unless hubby gives up the weed :twisted:

best wishes

chrissie
Thanks for that, Chrissie. Could present a problem as I am a smoker and object to being dictated to!!
I think the same goes on the cruises booked through travelscope, the van gough etc. it looks to be a growing trend to make it difficult for smokers, and we've notices ships reducing the number of places where smoking is allowed. On the Black Watch we were told that smoking was not allowed on any of the outside decks but bar staff were laying out ashtrays on some of the tables. Think it would be worth checking out the smoking policy on whatever ship you decide on, it isn't always obvious from the brochures :? i think non-smoking ships are a great idea - as long as adverts and brochures make it clear from the outset
I am going on Boudicca to Norway in September and the information I have received says that all cabins as non smoking but smoking areas are povided throughout the ship
Raymer,
Probably no reviews as she is new to Fred Olsen.But if you take a look at Norweigen Crown or Crown Oddysey (Oient Line ) you may find reviews. We went on this ship 4 years ago and enjoyed the experience.The food was good but the entertainment very poor and everthing started to close down at midnight,which we thought was a little early. But now that its under the Fred Olsen banner they may change things hopefully for the best.We will certainly be looking out for a deal for the summer so we look forward to seeing any reviews before then.
Regards kavmick.
Anyone sailing on Boudicca on 24th November?

The brochure states quite clearly that ALL cabins are non smoking but this doesn't apply to the other three ships in the Olsen fleet. They DO say that smoking areas are provided around the ship (but not in dining rooms)

I have seen 1 review in HT which isn't too bad.
I have since seen several reviews and by and large they are pretty good. Incidentally Tidewatching, I have read in these reviews that Tea and Coffee making facilities are in every cabin!
Thanks Glynis, I had spotted it (HT is always the very first place I look!) Hopefully I will be able to add another when I return in December!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.