Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
From the FSA - doesn't answer your last part though...

Food coming into the UK from other European Union (EU) Member States is not officially an import. It is subject to free movement of trade between EU countries and not subject to routine checks at UK ports.

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/imports/imports_advice/
ah so its ok to grab some feta and halloumi as you come back then !.. :tup
I've bought halloumi from the airport before and brought back no problem! :tup
We bring it back all the time...and loukanika, and lountza :smile:
have you tried antacids?... might stop you bringing it back... ! :rofl
Hi i used shopgreek - good website - a bit expensive but throughly enjoyed it
ShopGreek used to have a wonderful Sweets section. There aren't any at the moment.
I've emailed to ask why as the do (did?) kateifi by the tray-full.
Pubdog wrote:
From the FSA - doesn't answer your last part though...
Food coming into the UK from other European Union (EU) Member States is not officially an import. It is subject to free movement of trade between EU countries and not subject to routine checks at UK ports.

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/imports/imports_advice/

OK slight variation here WHY? do they not like you bringing in food via the ferry ports to the UK doesn't matter which EU country you bought it in if they search and find it they confiscate it

we are talking
meats - cooked and raw
cheeses
and despite not supposing to have limits there are now limits on wine, beer,sparkling wine, and spirits

From the mumbles I have heard is that it's something to do with UK taxes not getting income

I do hope that when we go to Cyprus I can find something to bring home that is exciting to eat as I love my food (there back on topic :rofl )
Hi has anyone brought back sheftlia (cant spell sorry - cypriot sausage?) either in their hand or hold luggage? did you have a problems doing so? thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.