Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
depends where you want to be,dont know of any all incl with uk tv, but there are some private holiday accomodation in costa teguise with uk tv,itv, bbc and five etc, playa bastian,los molinos and las coronas apartments have a look on espana breaks.com.
oh and i think santa rosa apts too
thankyou mary i will take a look at them bye for now
The Canaries are right on the edge of the signal area for the Sky satellite so the number of UK channels is limited by the size of dish. You need a 10 foot (3 metre) dish to get BBC, ITV(non-HD) and Chan4, all the other channels (Chan5 for example) are OK on a 3 foot (1 metre) dish. Naturally not many residential properties have the large dish, most hotels and sports bars do. So if you're in self-catering you may well find you have to go out to a bar to get your favourite BBC/ITV shows.
thanks for the reply pollenca looks like a laptop to watch dvds mind you we done that the other year and we didnt watch one,just nice to have the option if you do fancy it :tup
just found apartments in lanzarote with british tv channels if anyone is interested they are called santa rosa in costa teguise they sound nice too
I have a Slingbox at home wich means I can watch all the free veiw channels on wifi.
Hope this helps
grandadjoe
thanks grandad joe,im not going to take my lap top away with me again i really struggled getting online so not worth it thanks alot though
madmage look on line how to make a directional wifi arial. Its ded easey and you can use coffee shop or bar wifi in your apt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.