France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
This is going back a bit as our caravanning days are over, but I remember 'Le Ranolien' at Perros-Guirec as being a lovely site on the North coast. On the Southern coast 'Le grande Metrairie' had lots of facilities. It's near Carnac: a lovely area.
You'll be spoilt for choice wherever you go in Brittany..one of my favourite regions in France.
Best advice is to get the Eurocamp/Keycamp etc brochures and check out the sites, facilities & location and take it from there.
Happy caravanning! :)
Les Menhirs at Carnac Plage is worth a look. There's another thread currently running about Carnac Plage.
The Benodet area is also lovely.
we had a chalet here 3 years ago
http://www.campingquinquis.com/
at Le Pouldu-lovely area and the new owner has continued to make improvements to the site.
We stayed in La Grande Metairie last year (our kids were 8 & 10 at the time) and had an absolute ball. The site has great facilities with loads for the kids to do (we were there in July). We would highly recommend it.
Caravanning cabbie posted
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:58 pm
Post subject: Brittany for first timer
Hi
Can anyone reccomend a camp site in brittany?
We are towing our own caravan to france for the 1st time & are looking for a well equipped site with pool/slides, kids club & near a beach.
Any other advise that you could give to a novice would be helpful.
Many thanks.

Have you been yet? what was it like for you?
if not when are you off?
Have you found a site ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.