Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
We've just returned from a mini break to Ostend where we spent a day in Brugge. I don't know if you've been before but it's a lovely town with lots of ornate churches set around little squares (we got ourselves confused wandering around regarding the various churches and squares :think ). We left before dark but if they are lit up on an evening I'd imaging it'd be stunning. (Reminded me a little of Prague)

There are also lots of horse drawn carriages clip clopping around so that might be an idea as a treat. There are the canals to wander down to too.

Obviously I can't help with food/drink etc so sorry for that but have a wonderful time and I'm sure your wife will have a lovely birthday.
Thanks Glynis, certainly looks pretty in pictures, we're really looking forward to it

Cheers

TC
Do contact the local tourist board and see if anything special is happening on NYE and NYD.

It may not be the same for Belgium, but in France, NYE is booked out in advance as regards restaurants, and they are usually full-blown multi-course affairs with dancing and staying up until silly o'clock the next morning. You might also need to book meals on NYD, as some restaurants may not be open or only cater for bookings and offer set meals. Contact your hotel to see what they are offering and perhaps ask them to suggest restaus that will be open on NYD; but MAKE SURE you reserve in advance for NYE.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.