General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Looks ideal, id be intrested in seeing others reviews before investing in a few :)
As a trained car seat fitter I'd be very interested to see how this reacts in a crash test.
Personally I cannot see it is any different to just putting a cushion on the seat. Something many people do. When I had my Mondeo my wife always had difficulty with the seat being low and carried a cushion in the car. OK in an emergency when you need to carry a child but for continued use I would be very wary.

Looks to me like something JML would be selling.

fwh
Oh don't say that!!!! It meets with eu safety regs, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it! Many of the cheaper booster seats are just a lump of polystyrene and to me these look better than those - it has guides to hold the lap part of the seat belt in place so in an accident the seat wouldn't slip from under the child. I've been advised it's on it's way, so I'll have a look at it before I go and if I don't think it's good enough I will send it back and just pack the normal ones we use. Also, not only is the price the car hire firms charge unjustified - the ones they supplied when I did hire them a couple of years back were in a dreadful state, so I will definately take my own either way.
I think they look great,if they meet safety standards they are a fantastic idea!!!
Call me a cynic but this looks like an ad through the back door to me.

A normal booster seat will go in a carry on bag so no need to pay for it to go in the hold - available from £8.50.
Well if it is, then nicJW has gone to an awful lot of trouble on the BMI Baby thread to make her quest for a solution to her problem look genuine!

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2256&start=500

My days of having to worry about car seats are long past but these look like a neat solution to the problem and a good deal easier to cart around than a fixed, rigid one. If it looks substantional enough when it arrives nicJW then it could be good investment and certainly looks as secure as other models.

SM
Sorry, wasn't saying it to put you off, just that as a trained car seat fitter I'd be interested to see the crash test results as it doesn't look all that substantial. But this is me who has Isofix high-back boosters for my 8 year old twins becos' I've got a 'thing' about car seat safety, so perhaps not the best person to comment :)
daveyjp wrote:
Call me a cynic but this looks like an ad through the back door to me.

A normal booster seat will go in a carry on bag so no need to pay for it to go in the hold - available from £8.50.
:que

We have to take 2 - one will be a standard Britax one which is too large to take as hand luggage so am having to take it with our hold luggage.

tisonlymoi wrote:
Sorry, wasn't saying it to put you off, just that as a trained car seat fitter I'd be interested to see the crash test results as it doesn't look all that substantial. But this is me who has Isofix high-back boosters for my 8 year old twins becos' I've got a 'thing' about car seat safety, so perhaps not the best person to comment :)
Tis - don't be sorry - if I thought the boosters supplies by the hire company would be decent ones I would gladly pay for them but past experience has shown me that they're not.

It's arrived and it seems ok - I've tried it out on my 9 year old and it seems ok for him but definately wouldn't use it for my younger child as it wouldn't sit her high enough.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.