Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi jojo,
Can't help you re transfers I'm afraid as we stay in Nerja which is east of Malaga.
Regarding the flights, there's no real hard and fast rule as to who is cheapest. BMI baby already have their flights on sale as do Thomson, Easyjet have only released up until June currently (not sure if they fly to MaAlaga from Birmingham). You may find that if you can make it over to East Mids you may get cheaper flights. For example I'm looking at May 2010 at the moment, and we are looking at Manchester, Liverpool, East Mids and Birmingham, as we will go with the most reasonable prices and flight times. Manchster is coming out more expensive, Liverpool the cheapest. This is with Easyjet.
I'm not sure when the others will release for next summer I've been checking regularly to find out myself.
One bit of advice I can offer is to book as early as you can, I've only ever seem prices rise the longer you wait.
Hope that helps,
Caroline.
Carol we fly out of B'ham to Malaga, Bmi are the cheapest but only allow 18kg hold luggage, followed by Monarch who do give 20kg but are around £100 more for 2 of us..as for transport we stay in Benalmadena, and use the train to Arroyo Station, then get taxi to apt..train also stops at Torre, but not sure if the taxi rank is nearby...
Hi Davanne
As you come out from Torremolinos station and into the plaza, if you walk right to the end of the plaza and look left, there is a taxi rank there...about a minute walking from the train station.
Also for airport transfers to resort are you better pre booking or getting a taxi when you arrive ? It would be to Torremolinos or Fuengirola

I think there are 5 adults and a child travelling ? and I believe most taxis are only licensed to carry 4 passengers, you would be better getting the train to Fuengirola from Malaga Airport....and a lot cheaper especially to Fuengirola.
Fuengirola is the end of the line and you really cannot go wrong because there is only one train that runs from Malaga city to Fuengirola, then get a taxi from the rank just outside the station to your accomodation, if it's far away.
You will find lots of information in the link below
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30988
The same applies to Torremolinos, but best to go no further until you decide whether it's going to be Torre or Fuengi. ;)

Sanji
We go to Malaga from Birmingham 2 or 3 times a year and normally end up with Monarch.
You can get the train.
They are lovely and clean no hassle.
Plenty of room for cases.
Stops at the Airport and all resorts.
We went from Fuengirola to Malaga in June on the train.
Lots of people were using it to transfer to resorts.
Jo, Monarch are now on sale if thats any help, just compare prices.
Hi
Thanks everyone

I have checked BMI and Monarch and Ryanair still coming out cheaper even after adding baggage etc but they are not on sale till end of year .I just hope their prices stay competative

Jo :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.