EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi, we have owned an apartment in Cala D'or/ cala egos for over 3 years now and it has been the most rewarding times of our life. There is one big group of owners and bar and resturant owners who know each other and always have a good time especially out of season when it is quiet in the town and you can get to know the good resturants and bars who stay open for the winter.
On your first point i would stronly reccomend that you ignore any estate agent that tells you that you do not need a lawyer, it is possible to purchase without one but very risky, We used a Engilsh speaking company called, Despacho Morell, our contact is Marian who is American but she married a Majorcian. They are based in Palma but handle the whole island and are well known in Mallorca
tel 00 34 971 713548 e-mail juliomorell@wmega.es
Julio speaks perfect english and has helped many of our new friends purchase thier property. They handle all the required tax and wealth tax payments for you if you require.
When we first purchased we used the Dutche bank in Cala d'or because this was recommended by our agent, we asked for all correspondence to be sent in english and was assured that this would be ok. it wasn't and after 12 months of battles we finally gave up and after talking to local friends we changed to the Solbank in Cala d'or, it was the best move that we have done as they are excellant in every way and will set you up with a mortgage if required as well as give free advise on the property that you may be interested in.
Generally on renting out if you rent for more than 12 weeks a year then you are classed as a business and have to register with the tourist board to pay the relevant taxes, some people bother and some don't but if you get caught it can be a heavy fine so be warned, 2 bedroomed apartments rent out for £450 to £850 per week in season depending on the location, so there can be good money to be made. I am in Cala d'or each month so if you need any other info just shout, have you looked at any good places that interest you as i may know them, good or bad! good luck
Steve.
Thanks for the advice, it's good to hear from someone who has had a good experience. I've sent you a PM.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.