General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Assuming that what you have is respected why not take it with you and change it direct when you get there thus avoiding Sterling altogether? or is it in small amounts of mixed currencies (like I have), which can't be pooled together and none are worth much on their own?
Hi there.
The problem I have, is that I have about 50 quids worth of Tunisian Dinars which is supposed to be a closed currency (I got some from Thomas Cook last year), I doubt if a Bureau De Change will accept them abroad as they shouldn' thave been taken out of Tunisia in the First place!

David
Ah, I can see your problem. Your best bet would be to find someone who is going there and sell it to them unless you happen to be going near one of the ports with a ferry service to Tunisia, in which case the change offices there might take it, but that's a bit of a limited option.

Aslemma seems to be the expert on Tunisia, it might be worth a PM for advice
Hi Steve.

Cheers for the reply.I might actually just end up holding on to it.I've been to Tunisia 3 times in the last 3 years so there is every chance I'll end up going back even if it's just to spend this money!

David
Lots of people sell euros etc on ebay, Plus they alwasy get a good price for them!
I don't know about this currency but it'll only take you a quick search to find out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.