Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The plug on it will be different to the uk plug socket.
But could i not buy a new adapter here in the uk after i come back for it

sharonc
But does anybody on here know what sort of price i would pay for one over there

Sharonc
Hi Sharon

Yes, if you go on the bus to Carrafour Supermercado in Cala Finestrat and subject to them having one in the store.
HERE

Remember though Sharon ...
A) 149 euros is appox £99
B) The plug most probably will be a 2 pin (not sure) so you'll need an adaptor when back in the UK
C) If it breaks 2 weeks after you come home, then you can't just pop into town to get it sorted.

Sanji x
Thanks Sanji for you info i thought it might have been cheaper over there than what it is here. And yes i know if it broke i would not be able to run back lol but if i was able to get it alot cheaper therre then i dont think i would be that bothered . But again thanks for you info again

Sharonc
And yes i know if it broke i would not be able to run back lol but if i was able to get it alot cheaper therre then i dont think i would be that bothered

If she buys one in Beni and it breaks, Sharon could always post it off to you Sanji and then you could return it to the shop.

You probably visit Beni more often than Sharon gets in to town. :rofl

Sue :)
There is a Toys r us on the A road to Alicante a relation of ours bought a playstation 2 there a couple of years ago and it was well cheaper than UK prices. The 2 pin adaptors can be bought in the indoor market in Beni.
Hiya Sam

If it's already got a 2 pin plug on it, she will need an adapter that converts a 2 pin to a 3 pin for the UK. :lol:

169 euros at Toys r us :yikes
HERE

Sanji x
you could always try duty free shops at airport ,some have duty free dixons/currys (which airport are you going from)

to be honest not a wise choice buying in spain ,as mentioned if it goes wrong your up a creek without a DS :lol:
and no cheaper than here anyway
Thanks all for you help i just thought it might be a good idea thats all as my youngest is driving her sister up the wall stealing hers from her. I will be leaving from Glasgow Airport i might try in there before i go or waite till i come back and see how much i have left from holiday money lol. I imagen i wont have that much left when i do come back . But again thanks for all your input on this matter.

Sharonc
Sanji, I stand corrected!! :oops: To keen to type as opposed to thinking first :lol:
No problem Sam.

It happens to the best of us :lol:

I always say...fingers and brain not in sync. !

Sanji x
not being too technical here...

The Nintendo DS is obviously a portable device and doesn't operate from a socket

HOWEVER, its charger will be on a 2 pin plug

2 solutions

1) Buy an adaptor for use...simple as

2) Most major electrical retailers (Game, Dixons, John Lewis etc) and many internet sites sell replacement DS charger cables very cheaply.

So dont be put off buying a DS in Benidorm at all, there's barely an issue :D
So dont be put off buying a DS in Benidorm at all, there's barely an issue

Only if it breaks :lol: like, oh I'll just pop back to Benidorm to take it back to the shop, or I'll have to send it away to be repaired. :rofl

Sanji x
simple solution, get the older child a psp and the younger can have the DS! :)
Generally I've found quite a few items seem deerer in Spain. Have never looked at a DS though! I know footie shirts are deerer and the Spain shirts seem to have a fixed price wherever you go! But in Sports Soccer in England you can get the Spain shirts for £32!
I don't know if your still interested but I was in GAME today and they are selling secondhand DS's for £65! The best thing is , they come with a 12 month guarantee! Worth having a look if there is a Game near you!

Only if it breaks like, oh I'll just pop back to Benidorm to take it back to the shop, or I'll have to send it away to be repaired.

Sanji x

The DS comes with a 1 year warranty which will cover all repairs as long as proof of purchase (a receipt) is available, regardless of place of purchase and your current location

And sending it away is the exact same option you'd be offered in any UK store.
The DS comes with a 1 year warranty which will cover all repairs as long as proof of purchase (a receipt) is available, regardless of place of purchase and your current location

I would be very careful about buying abroad and expecting the guarantee to stand in this country. A friend of ours bought a mobile phone from the Vodafone shop in Benidorm and soon after returning to the UK he started to have problems with it. He took it to the Vodafone shop here and they weren't interested. They told him that he would have to return it to the shop in Benidorm as the contract was with them.

Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.