Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Cala Blanca
8 Posts
We were in Cala Blanca last September, stayed at the Mirabel Apartments. The Cala Blanca hotel looked nice, it's on the other side of the resort from the Mirabel. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in Cala Blanca, smallish beach with good swimming and a dive school. I don't think it's quite as lively as some of the other resorts. We found it was mainly families with small children and older couples (like us!). There's a good bus service into Ciutadella about every half hour. If you stay out late, a taxi back to Cala Blanca was only about 7 euros.

Hello
I came here on holiday in 2001 with my now ex-husband and two daughters (2yrs and 11yrs). It was an Airtours Hotel and I had a very bad experience!! It was an all inclusive hotel and basically they cramped four of us in a small double room. Major shock when the night time came as children running up and down the corridoors so we changed rooms the next day to a quiet room near reception. Food was ok but as the rep told us the hotel was originally for 300+ people, Airtours had put around 700 people in it!!! Rather squashed to say the least!! Food was just ok and my little girl got food poisoning on the last night there so was very very sick for 12 hours.

Staff were very nice though and did everything to make you feel welcome. At the time we went, this was a British only hotel - talk about Brits Abroad!!!!!!!!!

Extreme problems when you wanted to sunbathe around the pool because if you did not get up at 7am to reserve your lounger the only place left to sit was at a table. I cannot stress how over crowded this hotel was!! So much so, we hired a car and found the other lovely places in Menorca - there are so many.

Cala Blanca beach was small and very overcrowded but we drove to Calan Bosch most evenings. The centre was not very big but quite a choice of restaurants.

We now go to Cala Galdana each year and have been going to menorca for around 6 years and we love it!!! The very best place on the island we think...............

Calan Bosch is great in the evening and you really should hire a car!!

I do hope the hotel Cala Blanca is better than it was!!!

Good Luck!!!
just got back from cala blanca , dont get me wrong the hotel its self was ok staff friendly, clean but in need of a few cosmetics. the food was ok beter than a lot of all inclusives, the drink of course was the cheepest of everything but good measures did the job lol.
as it was just the second week of the season the hotel was not to busy it was not just a "british" hotel but had a few germans and spanish.
the hotel entertainment was crap bingo in 4 languages seemed to take all night .a lot of the pensioners where complaining about it.
the resort is very quiet as is the whole island, no night life any where.
could do with some new sun loungers and there was no parasolls round the pool area, i can imagine when the hotel is full it would seem very crowded.
if you like it quiet and not very comercilised its ok
hi
Would be grateful for any informatin on these apartments, location to beach and bars etc. I have not been able to find pictures or information on these apartments to check them out. We are trying to book our holiday doing everything seperately and have been offered these apartments. I don't know if they are the cala blanca villas near to the cala blanca hotel or are they somewhere different Any advice on calca blanca the resort would be appreciated. Does anyone know if the resort is hilly?
All I could find about these apartments is at the link below which isn't a great deal I'm afraid. Their official rating is 1 star so expect them to be basic. The resort itself is fairly flat as is most of the west coast of Menorca.

http://www.self-catering-breaks.com/Properties/Spain/Menorca/Cala-blanca/Prop25717.htm
HI
The information is very helpful thankyou. I am checking it out at the moment.
Do you know if these apartments are close to the Hotel cala blanca
just booked to return to menorca after a few years of not going booked the cala blanca hotel in cala blanca all inclusive not expecting it to be the best but for what ive paid £495 for 2 people from manchester on the 28th of sept for 1 week i think it will do also got rid of the meals and transfers and hired a car paid £100 for the week for a 5 door fiesta pick up and drop off at the airport . really looking forward to going around the island to see whats changed . its been about five years has the main road changed at all in this time and does anyone know if theres more traffic on the roads. also does the menu del dia still exist and how much roughly does it cost .

thanx for any help dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.