Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi there not sure about Josephs cocktails but the hippy market is on Wednesdays up near Punta Aribe area.
hi new poster here, i'm going to the el pinar in cala llonga. anyone ever been here before. how are the apartments. what like are the pubs, resturants here also. thank you in advance. :)
Cala Llonga is a great place for family holiday. The beach shelves gently for a fair distance and is always clean. Most entertainment is hotel based. There is also a small funfair in the town. you may like to have a look Here for restaurants and bars

The Wild Asparagus restuarant is a bit more expensive but you do get a good meal.
Cala Llonga is brill. We used to go there every time we went to Ibiza, been to Portinatx the last two years though.

At Cala Llonga the sea is so shallow, you can walk out 100 yards and the sea will only be up to your shoulders (although that does depend on height i suppose :lol: )
wuly when are you going ? my family and i are going to calla llonga ( playa dorada) 25th september cant wait :D :D :)
The resort really is lovely and we have stayed at the El pinar for the last two years. Its hard to find anyone there who isn't on a return visit or planning their next holiday there. The apartments and all other areas are
extremely clean, the staff are friendly and the pool is enclosed so if you have children you can relax as you can see them wherever you happen to be lounging. The only thing I would warn you about is if you are staying in a small studio across the road from the main apartment block and they allocate you a ground floor room, do ask if you can move. On first seeing it you think its great as you have a large terrace but the studios above have small balconies. the end result being fag ash on everything you've left out to dry etc. it really did make the terrace un- useable for us. Apart from that very minor detail its a great place and you'll have a great time.
The best restraunt is slightly outside the resort, but within easy walking distance. walk out of the resort (there's only one way in/out) take a left and you'll see what looks a lot like a shack on the side of the road. walk in to find a lovely restraunt with terraces and a garden behind. The food is wonderful.
I have been to Cala Llonga a few times over the years and will be staying at the El Pinar Apartments for the first time on the 23rd Sept 05. I have read some fantastic reviews here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187460-d291008-Reviews-El_Pinar_Aparthotel-Ibiza_Balearic_Islands.html

Cala Llonga is a lovely quiet resort with a fantastic beach, great for families and for serious chilling out.
thanks for everyones help. mackem67 arrive morn of sat 1 october.
Don't forget our reviews of the El Pinar also - located HERE
:) Hi,i'm going to Cala Llonga,i know it's a quiet resort,but want somewhere relaxing for a change!!Anyone got any info on the place that would be great,thank's,Maz.
Well you're going to the right place if you want to relax. The beach is a gentle slope for quite a distance and there was not to much activity re jet skis it was mostly the people driver pedalos that werer about. A small funfair was there as well but not with huge rides more suited to the smaller child. A few shops on the main street and the obligatory bars. One of the best restaurants in the area is the Wild Asparagus located halfway down the road into Cala Llonga and there is another at the far end of the beach road, has a small fountain, that was also excellent value for money. Please remember that things can change and there maybe changes to restaurants and bars it is a few years since I was there but the beach won't have changed hopefully.
going to cala llonga in 9 days for the third time. yes it is peaceful and relaxing. entertainment is mainly hotel based. one of the best acts we've seen is silk stockings [drag act]. if you like sightseeing then you can simply hop on a bus or water taxi to santa eulalia or ibiza town which are both bigger and livelier than cala llonga itself. another trip worth making is to san an for the sunset. plenty of restaurents about from chinese to italian or even try a bbq at the bar athena.
Hi Maz,

I've just returned from Cala Llonga, having been going there every year for the past 23 years (I have a timeshare there in the apartment block beyond the Playa Imperial hotel)

Needless to say I'm biased regarding the resort, but would be the first to admit that it's not the place to go if you want lively nightlife. However, as you say you want it relatively quiet, you have chosen the perfect resort.

I agree with everthing "allmen" has said regarding the resort, especially the beautiful and safe beach. The Wild Asparagus is indeed an excellent restaurant, and the pleasant walk back to the village afterwards is an ideal way to walk off an excellent meal.

However, there are several other excellent places to eat in Cala Llonga, and loads more to be found in Santa Eulalia, which is only 10 minutes away on the hourly bus service and costs just over 1 Euro. Returning at night by taxi, (the last bus back is at 8:30pm) will cost about 7 Euros.

Best places to eat in the village are Zebra Restaurant (my own favourite), Vela Blue and the Cala Llonga Restaurant which is situated on the beachfront and has an open grill which is worth a try.

As for bars, it all depends what you are looking for. Mr. Cairo is popular with Brits and does pints for 2 Euros until 9:00pm, after which it pretty much doubles in price. The Blues Cafe and Raffles are the only two bars open really late (around 4:00am) and I personally much prefer Blues Cafe. Madison is ideal for watching the World Cup as Pepe has about 200 seats placed outside and has 4 good sized screens. La Cantina is British owned and run, in spite of the name, and is a friendly pub.

If you tell me where you are staying, and what sort of nightlife you are looking for, I'll be glad to give you as much advice as you want. At the end of the day however, it's a small resort and you might just prefer to try each place and weigh them all up by personal experience.

Hope you have a great time anyway.

JJ.
Hi,thanks eveyone for the replies.
JJ,We are staying at the el pinar aparthotel,we are just looking for nice places to chill out and eat some evenings,and then maybe somewhere with abit more action other evenings,thank's for the info it's most helpful any other info or advice would be most appreciated,luv,Maz. :D
My son and his girlfriend stayed with us in our apartment and they had friends staying in El Pinar at the same time. He visited their room and was impressed. His friends have said they would definitely use El Pinar again and I've never heard a bad word said about it.

You are basically right on the beach, so you have a daily choice of poolside or beach with no walking involved.

The restaurants I've already mentioned are within easy walking distance, but you will find several, more basic restaurants right on your doorstep, such as the popular SOS, Regina's and Flippers. I haven't eaten in any of those, but they are popular with families, particularly those with younger children.

One thing you should try to do, assuming you don't have very young children who must be in bed early, is visit Ibiza Town on a night time. Saturday is the most popular night with most people for this visit.

The best idea is to catch the last bus into Ibiza Town, leaving from outside the SOS Restaurant, 2 minutes walk from El Pinar, at 8:30pm and returning by taxi, which this year cost me under 17 Euros. The bus is about 1 Euro 60 cents. Once in Ibiza Town you should try to visit the Old Town, known as D'alt Vila, and have a walk around there. It's an excellent spot to have a meal and watch the world go by.

If you do go there and end up down on the front to watch "The Beautiful People" parading after midnight, establish the price of drinks, in whichever bar you chose to sit outside, before ordering your drinks. That way there can be no surprises when the bill arrives.

If you want any further information on any aspect of the village or the island in general, drop me a pm and I'll be glad to answer your questions where I can.
:D Hi,thank's jj you have been most helpful,if i need any more info i will pm you,thank's again,luv,maz.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.