Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I've been to both hotels and both are good for different reasons. My first visit to Ibiza was to the Cala Nova with my (then) teenage sons in the peak holiday season. It is a good family hotel with excellent food and a lovely location. The Cala Llonga being a Gold hotel has no children and is also in a fabulous location. In my opinion the food was no better there despite the extra cost. Also, lovely as Cala Llonga is, I found it a bit limited as you can walk around it in a few minutes! Have you thought about the Fiesta Don Carlos in Santa Eulalia? Personally I think this is the best of the three hotels. Not quite as many children there as the Cala Nova but fantastic food and location and I also much prefer Santa Eulalia as a town. I am going there again at the end of May and taking my parents who I know will love it! I would say that the majority of people at the hotel especially out of peak season are of the 'older' agegroup, some of whom have been going for many years. Its the friendliest hotel I've ever been to and I know that my father is looking forward to joining in with the daytime entertainment and competitions!
Hope this is of some help. If you need any more information, please get in touch.
i would go for the Fiesta Don Carlos in Santa Eulalia.seeing as the other two hotels are a bit of a walk to get to.one is up a steep hill or very bad path.and the other is too far from resort.you would like Santa Eulalia.nice prom lots of shops.working town.but once you get on the prom you would not think so.food is about the same in most fiesta hotels apart from palm beach.which really caters for kids.(hotdogs hambugers ect).show cooking in all of them.freshly cooked in front of you .how you like it.

plus you not far from both resorts mentioned.10 mins from cala longa and 5 if that to es cana.both can be reached by bus which is cheap or a taxi.or ferry boat.so price the Don Carlos up.see how much that is.i know a lot of people who used to stay at the now defunked Algarb in playa den bossa.stay there now.if it was me i would go for the Don Carlos.you can stick a few children for you;re stay.i am 46 and its nice to see them enjoying themsleves.ok some can be bad.but a small word in there ear .soon puts them right.and they can get to be very nice to you.depends how old they are i guess.

lets us know what you do in the end,up to you how you spend your money.but if you go for any of the ones you fancy.i would upgrade when you get there to a/i drinks option.your a long walk to the nearest bar.a/i will get you wine with your meal/tea. coffee .soft drinks .beer. spirts. water. all day from 10am till 12 midnight
Thanks for the tips so far, going to take a look at the Don Carlos as well now.
What about the Palladium Palace, how suitable do you think that would be, I like the look of the Don Carlos, but hubby likes the look of the Palladium, I think because it is in the Platinum book he thinks it will be better.
the Palladium is by far better.but its right next to airport in playa den bossa.your a bus ride away from main area.you can walk along beach or road.20 mins.at your age.a/i hotel.not many brits stay in this hotel.your out numbered.nice resort at least its flat.again depends if you trying to book diy or with a tour company.if transfer are inc thats fine.it not don;t take it.cheaper to get a taxi.10/11 euro;s one way. or the bus 10b from airport.this hotel used to be called clubmed.years ago.then fiesta refitted it.very high standards 4 star hotel.not far from a 5.not cheap to stay at this hotel.the hotel is the last or first hotel in pdb.which ever way you look at it.100 yards away is the palm beach hotel (superfamily hotel).fiesta again.so you can nip into that hotel if you wish oneday.or the don toni just up the road.

this resort offers all you need.the number 14 bus will take you into ibiza town.on saturdays up the road is a carboot.nice for a morning out.you will need to get to the hotel.tres carabelas to get the ferry boats and boat trips.

looks like you will be tossing a coin to pick your hotel.
Thanks for the info, my other half is a bit of a picky eater, which hotel do you think would best cater for his british taste?
We don't mind if we are the minority of brits but wonder if the Paladium will cater for the english palette?
well both places do excellent food.cater for all people.fresh meat and fish cooked as you like it.pasta ect.eggs bacon pancakes in morning.you will be fine in either hotel.lots of fruit/salads.soups x 2.cakes ect.

i used to stay in the algarb was owned by fiesta once.and i am fussing,but i tell you i put weight on.you know you can eat at any fiesta hotel dont you.just ask 24hrs before to swap you evening meal toanother hotel.in the group.

i am out 27th of may by the way

does not matter if there are more spainish or germans in the hotels.they cater for all.something for every one.if you cannot find a meal from what they put on.something is wrong.over 1000+ dishes you can make up.
Just as an afterthought, is the Don Carlos mainly British guests?
no each fiesta hotel is different.they come from all over the world.but its like in uk.you get scots week ect.so say in june you would get more from another country than others.you will always find british in any hotel in ibiza.so one week it could be full of brits.the other not so many and so on.dont worry about that .just pick a place to stay before its fully booked up.you don;t have long if your planning going in may
The Don Carlos is predominantly British with a handful of German people as it is more or less block-booked by Thomsons/Portland. The entertainment is all in English or it has been up to now with the poor Germans just having to keep up!!
I like the look of the Palladium, but not too sure about playa den bossa itself, have a feeling that there may be more youngsters than we would like, I don't mean children more the club type age.

Have read that bossa is more popular now because of space and bora bora etc ??

I wish the quality of the palladium hotel was in santa eulalia, the cost between the 2 is nothing really if we upgraded to All In at Don Carlos.

I seem to be really struggling here, just want it to be right as we only get one holiday a year.
thats funnny i am 46.and i can tell you.you will find a lot of the people there in May a lot older than you think.space does not open untill the 14 june,.so there will be not so many younger ones.pdb is much of a family resort and has a lot of people your age and much older go.the only think you will see is very young children with mum and dad.and few younger ones who have booked.
Well after much debating we have booked a suite at the Don Carlos, will work out about the same price as the Palladium Palace once we buy the drink package when we get there.
We liked the look of Santa Eulalia more the Playa den Bossa, mainly as it has a prom and a marina, we like to have a walk so seemed more appealing to us.
Can anyone tell me if the Don Carlos only does the All In drink package or one that includes lunch and snacks please?

Thanks for all the help I have had here.
The Don Carlos only has an AI drinks package, not food. There is a snack bar at the hotel which is open for lunches but most people go to the nearby bars which are German and Spanish, if they want some lunch. The nearest supermarket also sells take-away rolls etc made up to your requirements. Believe me, you won't regret your choice of hotel and personally I think Santa Eulalia is by far the nicest resort on the island. If you have booked a suite you will also have a fridge included which will be useful! When are you going? We are there the first two weeks of June. There are some lovely bars at the marina at night-time if you fancy a walk after dinner especially Bar Liquido. Enjoy!
We go on the 16th May, just hoping for good weather now.
Thought I would let you know I have now done a review.

We really liked the Don Carlos, room was good and so was the food for a 3 star hotel.
Have to say that we found the location not very good at all, we like a walk after dinner but it was quite a long way into Santa Eulalia and seemed even further coming back.

I know it is all a matter of opinions, that is why we love this forum but I'm sorry to say that we didn't like Santa Eulalia at all,lots of bars but the most we saw in any way of entertainment was a television!

We got the ferry to both Cala Llonga and Es Cana and thought Cala Llonga was lovely, small but very nice and the walk along to the Fiesta hotel there was fine if you took the footpath and not the steep road. Much closer to bars and stuff than the Don Carlos.

We still had a lovely holiday with really nice weather and did enjoy the hotel, so not all bad, just wouldn't go to Santa Eulalia again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.