Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Fiesta Cala Nova
48 Posts
can't remember the prices off hand but we find we drink our monies worth whilst round the pool, this is before the evening entertainment when we actually start drinking alcohol. its about 13e per day for an adult which i think would pay for about 4 pints.
We had it last time we were there (2004) and it is certainly worth it.

You get house wine, beer and water with meals. Locally produced drinks, soft drinks and coffees etc at the bars from 10 in the morning till midnight.

Best of all, with each round order a couple of bottles of water or last round at night get half a dozen and you can take these out with you as they are only 330ml and fit easily into pockets and bags. Good to keep by the side of the bed as well for when you wake with a raging thirst.

How many in your party?

If you are crafty they might let you swap to the rooftop penthouse which sleeps up to 8 people, has a double bedroom, a dormitory which has 4 single beds and a pull out double in the lounge, The lounge has soft furnishings, a TV, a kitchen with a huge fridge and a balcony that is the full width of the hotel with stunning views along the coast in both directions and out to sea. Plenty of sun beds and chairs out there as well. Originally it was the Manager's flat.

We didn't use the kitchen as we were fed in the dining room but the fridge was great for stashing all the drinks and treats.

Another tip. Don't rush down to eat at the start of the session. Hang back for an hour or so. The rush dies down and they restock the buffet with freshly cooked goodies.

Make a friend of Vincente, Who is the Maitre di. A great bloke who will bend over backwards to accomodate any special requests you might have. Last time we were there it was our Silver Wedding and he laid out a special table in the middle of the dining room, decorated it, reserved it and then made sure that the waiters were always hovering about.

A brilliant hotel.
hi,hi de hi loads of great info,we are going to fiesta cala nova oct 2006,have booked 2 interconnecting rooms for 2 aduls and 4 kids.also a single room for my dad 86 years old,to all the people who have stayed there,does the hotel have a room with walk in shower,im thinkin for the elderly as last year he struggled with just a shower over the bath. for those thinking of booking on the fiesta hotels website,they dont charge a supplement for single travellers in a double room.my dad has paid £500-£600 pounds for a week at a thompson gold hotel,with us booking diy its coming in at £380,ITS A BIT OF A DIFFERENCE :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .ps,im interested in the rooftop penthouse for future hols,who do you speak to about about that. :) :) :) mo
Hi Mick, weve jus returned from Ibiza and were staying at the Fiesta Bahamas, it was 3euros for a pint spanish lager, 1.50 for a coke.and for a malibu and coke it varied but they were charging for the malibu and a whole glass of coke! so it was about 3.30? We were all inclusive so I dont know if they put different amounts on the receipts because they actualy had *all inclusive* on the bottom of them.
So the non AI customers might have been different im not sure.
I would suggest the duty manager when you arrive or e mail them before you go and ask.

We were offered the suite because they had cocked up and overbooked. By letting us have the flat they freed 3 double rooms.
just got back yesterday from the fiesta cala nova, we were so lucky with the weather not a spot of rain all week,if you could be sure of the weather in october,it would be the best time to go.i cant believe that i havent seen any reviews written about the new (to us) reatauraunt es pins on es cana beach,very contempory/minimalistic,good fillet/t bone steaks, hello to guillermo the waiter and the lady with the cropped hair, didnt get her name.even though it was the end of the season,everything that we wanted was there,yes somethings were closed but its quite understanderble..many thanks to the info recieved prior to going from davehypno etc. and many others. to anyone who remembers us it was my husband who did the robbie williams on kareoke at the hotel last friday with his arm twisted up his back by me,it was a good night, 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) mo x
Hi Guys,

We're off to the cala nova once again in 6 weeks, sorry i'm counting already.

Hopefully someone can tell me if Paco is still entertainer for the hotel and if Gustavo is still there on the bar. 2 really great guys who have made our holidays the previous 2 years.

Thanks

Joules and Family
I was last there in 2003. It was still a great place then. Vincente was still the maitre Di in the restaurant.
hi,paco was there in october,you have made a good choice :) mo.
To read Mobeckwith and others reviews of this hotel Click Here
hi, we are off again next monday for a week!! we love it there. take a look at http://www.calanova.co.uk - i'm pretty sure paco will still be there and as for gustavo, not too sure, got a feeling he got wed early on this year. i will pm you when i get back if you like, to let you know. regards - dotty
just heard from the hotel, Paco is still there, i didn't ask them about gustavo though. Hope you enjoy your holiday, i'm jealous it seems like an age til we go. please do let me know who else is still there.

joules
thing is with the fiesta reps.its up to you and how they performed over the year.if they stay at the same hotel.so when you fill in the hotel form tick box hotel entertainers ex.... they move them around you see.
i know you can really get used to them over two weeks.but the newer ones soon make you feel at home.i must say that they are all crazy...none stop really from 11 am till midnight.i like the way they chat with you make you join in the daytime things.i know they are just darts /pool/cocktail games.but it gets you all together making friends.
hi, I have just found out that as well as the optional drink plan, the cala nova also have an all inclusive programme including meals at lunch time. you can only have these meals at the hotel you are booked into though, and only within the opening hours of the restaurant and bars. The cost is 18 euros each per day for adults and 11 euros each for children. the optional drinks plan is now 14 euros per day for adults and 9 euros for children. It still looks as though you still pay for this at the hotel reception and not through the tour ops when booking. there are other ibiza hotels in the fiesta group that are doing this A/I option, they inlcude
Club Palm Beach
Hotel & Club Don Toni
Hotel & Club Playa d'en Bossa - (a sup of 1.34 euros is charged on top)
Hotel Milord
Hotel Tanit
Hotel Cala Gracio
Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort
- dotty
Perhaps the Fiesta chain will be very happy when all the bars and resturaunts in the resorts have closed due to them wanting everybody to stay in the hotels to eat and drink.
Hi wayne, thanks for your reply. Yes, I see your point, that wouldn't be any good for the resorts. What i have since been told though is that a lot of the hotels listed have been doing this for the last 10 years or so. It's the first year for the cala nova though. we have been going there a few years now, and for the last couple of hols there we took up the drinks option plan, saved us quite a lot just in bottled water and coffee alone while we were by the pool. It didnt keep us in at nights though, we still went out almost every night. I think even if the two of us opted for the A/Inc option, it's only the lunch time snack that will be extra, and wouldn't eat in all the time, as there is a bar on beach, forgotten the name of it now, but its near the camp site, which is lovely to just sit out there enjoying a drink and something to eat and watch the world go by..... wish it was september already!!!! - dotty
We has AI at the Cals Nova 5 years ago so it is not new there. Best thing was unlimited bottles of water so you could stock up for when you went out next day.
hi, hi de hi, oops sorry i don't think i made myself too clear in my last post. It's the all inclusive meal option that is new to the cala nova, and not the drinks plan, that has been going for years, as you say - dotty
We believe you can (or could) upgrade to All inclusive or take drinks package at the Fiesta Cala Nova, Es Cana. Anyone know of cost and is it worth it?? We are going in Aug.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.