Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Thanks so much for that info. Had a look on the website. Can't decide which package, got a waistline to think about :rofl :rofl
3 wks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the time has flown.

Are there any rooms you can pay to upgrade to or are they all standard? So long as I can see the sea I don't mind.
Hello,

Thinking of booking this hotel for next August and have read that the pool area can get a little cramped. Is there a garden area at the hotel and if there is how big is it and does it have any shade.

Thanks
Have stayed here a long time ago, but sorry cant remember if you can sunbathe in the garden area.

However, it is practically on top of the beach if that helps.

Kath x
We are just back from Cala Nova, had lovely time. Pool area gets busy and cramped and yes, you can use garden areas for sunbathing.

Beach is stones throw away.
Thanks for the info. Another couple of questions.....are there any trees in the garden area for shade or is a case of having to get up really early to get a parasol! We have previously stayed at the Victoria Playa in Santa Tomas Menorca and there is a large grass area with trees and wondered if the gardens were similar?

Also what's the entertainment like during the day. Are there games for teenagers?

Cheers
Plenty of trees in garden areas for shade.

Daytime entertainment included rifle shooting, darts, water polo, water aerobics, French bowls and other games all suitable for teens. There are 2 ping pong tables and there is a games room with pool table. Evening entertainment generally rubbish!!

We e.mailed in advance and requested a top floor (5 floors), we had a lovely sea view as the trees didn't block view.
Hello all
Going 26th September 2009 - anyone know the cost of sunbeds and parasols on the beach?
Can't wait to go :sun2
Hi and welcome to HT!

If you read the Resort Reports it may be mentioned there.

luci :wave
3.50 for bed+brolly at beach below hotel
hi, can anyone shed any light as to why Thomson are changing this hotel to a couples only one from may next year??? We have made many friends there over the years we have been going, and they have children. its going to be a massive shame for them not being able to go. i can see the hotel losing a lot of their clientelle for that reason and also they have hiked the prices way up - sadly we will be two that wont be going again. :( - dotty
where you read that.just done a dummy booking for two weeks from ema for 4 inc 2 kids.still book it.

you could try booking another fiesta hotel.there are some nice ones.and you can use your points still.don;t throw your card away with them on you know.i had some left over lastyear and i poped into a fiesta hotel in pdb,they gave me cash.instead of vouchers.mine you i was staying in a nother hotel that might be why.
hi dj, i also did a dummy run on the thomson site for (september) next year and it def states in the descripton it will be a 'Part of the Thomson Couples range from May 2012'
thanks for the advice for the fiesta points - dotty
hi - i decided to email the fiesta hotel group and this is their reply:
Dear Mrs G
Thankyou for your email. After extensive enquiries we are able to assure you that neither Thomsons nor ourselves have any plans to convert the Hotel Cala Nova into a ‘couples only' hotel next year. It would seem that there has been some confusion on the Thomsons website and they have assured us that the misunderstanding will be corrected shortly
Thankyou for bringing this matter to our intention, we sincerely hope that you, and your friends, can enjoy the hotel together as you have before.

so we no need to worry now - dotty :D
Hi,

I also saw the comment on the 'Thomsons' website that the Cala Nova was changing to a 'couples only' hotel from May 2012. I was gutted to read this, as we are a family that have been returning to this hotel for the past 11 years. I am obviously relieved to read that this is now not the case, thanks to Dottyg, however I contacted a family that we met there each year, and told them the terrible news at the time. They have now, on the back of that, booked another hotel for their summmer holidays next year, extremely disappointed that they couldn't go in 2012 as they have a daughter. :whoops

I have also noticed that the prices have dropped considerably since the last time I looked?????

What is going on???
:think
hi KREAD OH no :( thats sad that your friends have had to book somewhere else for no reason now. the email i got back was from the director themself. I wonder how many other people have booked elsewhere because of thomson's mistake. maybe your friend can use that fact to get their holiday changed back to the cala nova hotel after all it was thomson's mistake. i'll take another look at their site, as i thought the prices had gone right up next year.
like your self, we have been going there for years and have made some lovely friends and it would have been really sad not to see them again. - dotty
me again lol, ive just checked thomsons site out and hey! low and behold no mention now of the cala nova being a 'couples only hotel' from may next year, and yes the prices are cheaper than when i looked the other day. maybe i should have asked for a free holiday as i reckon iv'e saved them losing out on a lot of family bookings. lol ;) - dotty
Hi Dottyg,

I have tried to contact our friends, but had to leave a voicemail, but I agree with you, someone should foot the bill for changing their holiday back to the Cala Nova, due to their error.
I tried to ring Thomson's tonight, but out of hours - I will be on the phone tomorrow!!
BTW, the latest review on holidaywatchdog.com, is that it is a shame that this hotel is going to be a child free zone next year!! Someone has a lot to answer for!!!

Thank you for your efforts and investigations.

:tup
Hello everyone who loves Ibiza!!

We stay at the Cala Nova every year and I was gutted to hear that it was changing to a couples only hotel. I saw this on the Thomson website too. I decided to e-mail Thomson to ask them what was going on and they assured me that it was a mistake and it is the Cala Llonga that is couples only not Cala Nova. Yippee! :tup

We are going again this year in August and I will let you know of any changes to the hotel. (I have heard of the rooms being refitted). Ibiza here we come. :sun2
Happy holidays.
Tracy from Worcester.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.