Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Es Cana is very good for children. The beach is very shallow for quite a way out and its very clean. Not sure about whether the bars cater well on the entertainment side but have stayed in Es Cana 5 times and never had a problem with a buggy. Like most of the med its geared up to children. Of an evening most people congregate around the harbour to feed the fish. It passes a good half an hour when you have a little one to amuse. Mine loved it.

Have never stayed at the Cala Nova but have walked thorugh it to get to the Cala Nova beach. This beach is known locally as the Wavy Beach. The waves are really good for jumping into etc. but it can get the red flag quite often becuase of this. The Cala Nova hotel is perched on the top of the "cliff" face but its not a cliff as we know them in England. You are quite a walk away from the main centre of Es Cana but you are only talking 15 minutes and its all pavements so no putting the buggy in the road.

Have got friends who has stayed at this hotel and they said it was very good. Cannot comment on PdlA as have only stayed at Los Christianos.
Been so many times , its so family friendly plenty of bars that are children friendly.. the New Apache Bar , Moes ( Simpsons theme bar ) to name just two of many took my kids there and now my grandchildren to this resort year after year .. Charlies has live bands every night..cant fault it ..paddy
Hi there,
I came back from es cana on the 3rd of july this year,i stayed at the hotel coral playa which was about 5 minutes from the cala nova.To be honest i regretted not booking the cala nova in the first place,we went to have a look round the outside and it was gorgeous.A few people from our hotel went to actually have a look in the hotel,and were made to feel very welcome by the staff and everyone,they said that there is a book in the reception telling you what there will be for meal times and that the selection was brilliant.Also they got there quite early and the children were having a party,with clowns and a disco.I have been to es cana twice before and if i ever go again,the cala nova will be my first choice.I haven't stayed in Tenerife yet so can't really comment on it.
My little girl also loved going down to the harbour to feed the fish.
Hope this helps,please let us know what you decide to do.
Angela :wave
Many thanks for your replies on the fiesta cala nova - I think this is the one we are going to go for. To be honest, as long as the children are happy, then the holiday is normally pretty good, so this has got to be what our decision is based on. Have read up about Es Cana and does seem to be very family orientated - we are only going for 1 week so I am sure that we will find plenty to do! Thanks again for all your help!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.