Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi
This Sol resort is a combiaton of 3 Sol hotels all next to each other. This is the first season of the new style resort and we await your review :D I have stayed A/I at the Balmoral twice before and had a good time, The other 2 hotels have never done A/I before. It can be quite cool still at nght in May and if you are sitting out at night long trousers may be advisable.

robert
Cheers.....any idea's about marineland.?
donzjay
we are going to this hotel on the 20th of may we have been to this resort 3 times befor but not this hotel what i have seen of it looks great
we always go away the same time each year so have been there this time of year the weather has been mixed one year red hot one year three days of rain lets hope its a hot one this year
the resort is small but sells everything you need and is a great place for all the family
as for the dolphins i have not been i think my daughter would love it we may look into going there are plenty of booking agencys in calas
hope to see you in calas :cheers
Hi Rick1..we are going to this resort on 1st August...Which hotel do you got to?...We are booked in the America and i am trying to find out if the men have to wear long trousers in the restaurant... If you know could you please let me know...Thanks in advance

Scully27 :)
Hi All
The Hotel America is a good half mile away from were Rick and Donzjay are going, a bit shorter if you take the lovely coastal path. I have also stayed in the Hotel America and rate it as the best A/I hotel in Calas Del Majorca, but it may be rather busy over July and August. You did not have to wear long trousers in the restaurant and at night you also have the option of an outside barbie. The shack bar is open till 6pm and is good. There is also a Pizza bar open until midnight and the America is a short walk to the compact town centre.
A good local bus service stops outside the Hotel America.

Robert
Thanks Robert for your quick reply...thats good to know..didnt want to have to take hubby long trosers if not needed...

Scully27
Cheers for the replies guys (n gals..?) well it is getting dead exciting now as not long to go..!! whats the snorkeling like around the bay, i see it is very rocky when you break past the beaches.
Hi Donzjay
Are you talking about Marineland that is down by Palma / Palmanova ? Its a good hour and a half on the bus or an hour by taxi (expensive).
The weather at the end of May should be good and due to the coastal breeze can be very deceptive, I have photos of my son 2 years ago who sat in the sun with no sun cream on for 2 or 3 hours and ended up like a red Indian.
The breeze can make you feel quite cool n the evening and I had to resort to the long trousers in May. Come a few weeks later and shorts will be fine.

Robert
This webcam is situated just a few miles from Calas de Mallorca -- so you can see what the weather is like in real time - http://www.a2zmallorca.com/detail/2500.htm :tup
i am looking at going to this hotel in september. Is there much to do in the surrounding area and is it far to walk to shops etc? It looks a really nice hotel, and would appreciate any information on it, as am looking at a few other hotels and don't know which to choose.
Thanks Jane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.