Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
hi there,
yes the 'Maria Giavanna' apartments are right by the seafront on Marsalforn in the centre of things and worth a look -contact the owners on 00356 21553630. I haven't stayed there myself but hear they are good- I live here in Marsalforn and word of mouth is everything! Hope you are happy with wherever you decide.
Excellent..thank you so much they look like just the job. I have emailed the owners an enquiry regarding availability and of course the all important price.

I can't wait to get over there.. I have been studying potential dive sites and have already made the enquiry with Calypso Divers....

next I just need to know what Feasts are on while we are there!
for feast dates in August:
first weekend: st.Joseph in Qala
15th Santa Maria in Victoria (the largest)
third weekend: Santa Maria in Zebbug.
Enjoy!!
We will.. we were gutted last year when we were going home on the day they sank the P29 wreck between Cirkewwa and Mgarr AND the final feast at Victoria. Our final night was seeing all the fireworks from the Rampa. What an amazing site!!

We managed to catch the feast of st lawrenz and part of the Victoria feast as well as Malta's version of the X Factor which was recorded at Xlendi where we stayed!

there is os much..no wonder we are in love with the island.. if we could afford to retire there..we would be in Gozo in a heartbeat.
Have emailed them and they want 70 euro's a night :yikes

That seems rather steep to me and will cost us a fortune..we are not planning on paying anywhere near that much.

Does anyone know of anything cheaper?

The other problem is obviously the fact that the £ is doing so badly in Euroland.
Thank you..these look alot more promising!
I have sent requests in for prices to book the top one.
The 2nd one does not look so good..but it is an option. The first one is smack where we want it and if it is cheaper than 70 Euro's a night then we will book it.

Thank you for your help.
I emailed the Bayfront Apartment people twice now and still they have not given me a price, although i notice that they have got me down as a pending booking!
That is very nice but I would feel more confident if they gave me a definite price, we paid the deposit and everything was hunky dory jackanory.

Almost 100% we will stay there.

My next thing is to find somewhere in Valetta for 1 night only on 16th Aug 2009 with the option of an early check out as we will have to be at the airportat about 5am to fly home. Are there any hotels near to the airport?

Thanks.
Hi Val, no hotels near to Luqa, however there are a number of hotels and a couple of decent guesthouses in Valletta that I can put you in touch with if you like, I can also reccomend a reliable taxi service that will deffinitely be on time for you, alternatively depending on what time you fly home you could catch the airport bus from Il-Belt Valletta.
Thank you..yes. any recommendations gratefully recieved.

We will be hiring our own car in Gozo ( sorted out by a mate of ours in Xaghra) but we will require a taxi for the airport run. Don't think I could cope with a bus ride at that hour in the morning!!!
i could fix you transport from hotel to Malta port for 28euro and one on Gozo for 13 euro
Sorted. Joe rang me from Malta tonight. He is sending me his bank details so we can pay deposit. He wnts the rest on arrival. Sorted. we agreed a price in euro's for 2 weeks with a deposit of 100 euro's as soon as we have the bank details. Can't say fairer than that..oh and included is a taxi pick up fromthe airport to Cirkewwa ( ferry at our cost) and taxi from Mgarr to Marselforn then when we leave taxi from Marselforn to Mgarr then taxi from Cirkewwa to Valetta thne Valetta to Luqa. Stay in valetta at our cost.

I am sooooo excited..can't wait. the sad thing is we are in the maldives first for the first time ever in March 09 and I am more excited about going to Gozo again in Aug 09.....something has to be wrong somewhere.......maybe it is me......
Everything is booked and the apartment is ours for the 2 weeks. Feeling very pleased with myself! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.