Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Cambrils Park
46 Posts
hi we've stayed in the bungalows in Cambrils park and the pool is great and huge. there is actually two pools and a crazy golf . the mobile homes looked very good and there are a lot of them, the baker shop is good and there is a small shop selling newspapers etc. there is a cashline machine and if i remember there is a launderette. on site is a restuarant and a large bar facility. it is about a 10-15 minute walk down a dark road which brings you into cambrils, you have to go over a railway line. we had a great time at this park and hope you do too. :)
I've requested Cambrils Park be added to the reviews section. Park website HERE.

Pippy :D
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

hi can anyone tell me if they have ever stayed with Siblu at Cambrills Park or Castell Montgri.

I am thinking of booking for last august/early september next year and would like to stay in a mobile home.

can anyone give me any pointers?

thanks
For Castell Montgri info, please see THIS TOPIC in the Costa Brava forum.

Hi

Have booked to go to Cambrils Princess in July, the rest of my family are staying at Cambrils Park. Can anyone tell me if they are close enough to walk between the two.

has anyone been to this holiday park it belongs to haven holidays my daughter is thinking of going taking 3 children any infomation would be gratefull thanks :?:
Merged with existing topic

We have reviews for Cambrils Park HERE.

You'll find the park's website HERE and the Siblu (Haven Europe) website HERE.

Anyone stayed with Siblu holidays in their mobile homes at the Cambrils Park site near Salou? Thinking about booking with them but not sure what their mobiles will be like, have read on this site somewhere that they are notoriously known to not be very clean?? Read the reviews about Cambrils Park and it sounds like a fantastic place though.
We have just booked to stay at Cambrils Park campsite next May, I have read all the reviews about Cambrils Park before booking and all seem to be very positive so we are happy with our decision, only thing is I'd like to know about the company Siblu as we have booked their 3 bedroomed elegance mobile home and someone somewhere on this site said they are notoriously reknowned for having dirty accomodation? That's worrying, so if anyone out there has holidayed with them in an elegance style mobile home even if not on Cambrils Park, then I'd love to hear your opinion. Thanks alot :?
Hi, we have just returned from staying at Cambrils Park. Not sure if my answer will help a great deal but we stayed in a eurocamp mobile home which seem to have a similar set up to haven (is that siblu?). The public shower and toilet facilities were absolutely spotless (as was the rest of the campsite) and cleaners seemed to be there permanetly, however the mobile homes are cleaned by the eurocamp reps and they obviously just do the very basics! Our mobile home wasnt dirty as such but wasnt spotless either. There was a mop in the cupboard which smelled so bad I think it should have had a public health warning! We threw it outside the caravan and left it there! However it wouldn't put us off going with them again (except to say that we would upgrade from a cezanne caravan which was the size of a postage stamp!). I'm sure you'll have a great time, the site is brilliant.
Thanks for that info barney, yes Siblu is now the new name for Haven Europe. Can I ask what the area around the camp is like, the beach etc? Do you know if the Haven mobiles were far away from the main facilties on site, I mean are they miles away at the back of the site etc? Cheers
The camp is abit out of the way but we saw plenty of people walking to the beach which isnt too far but if you want to be at the popular end of the beach where the banana boat, jet skis etc are then its about a couple of miles away (we went in the car we'd hired as it was too far to walk especially with 2 teenagers who hate walking anywhere). To be honest we were quite happy to stay on the site (and spoke to another family who felt the same), the pool area is great, its like 3 pools in one with 2 slides (there's also another pool area but we didnt use it as it was more for little ones), it was surrounded by the bar with loads of tables, sun loungers, a bakery, supermarket and general souvenir etc shop. The mobile homes are ideally situated because they're close to main facilities but not bothered by them. Anymore questions then feel free to ask.
Thanks for that barney, we have youger kids who also hate walking, especially the 7yr old who whinges every step of the way so we are looking to hire a car but have noticed how expensive car hire is from Barcelona Airport, can i ask which car rental company did you use and where did you hire from ie Barcelona airport?? We were in the Costa del sol this summer and hired a car from Malaga airport at half the cost of what Barcelona wants, we used Car jet.
I searched around before we went and found the best deal with holiday autos, it was about £140 for the week for a medium sized 4 door car, we collected it from Barcelona airport. Just to prepare you though we expected to just go straight to the hire desk at the airport and collect the car, what we didn't realise was that loads of people were collecting their hire cars (same went for Hertz and Avis) and we had to queue for about 3/4 of an hour! (we arrived on a saturday, obviously don't know if its this busy every day).
Thanks Barney, I know what you mean about queuing to collect your hire car, in Malaga this August we queued for 2hours to collect our car and that was on a Monday!! We have already checked out holiday autos who seem expensive, I have a thread going on the costa brava forum about car hire and a company someone has recommended to me called AUTOTURISTICA seem the cheapest I have found so far, just waiting for an e mail back from them as their web site is very basic. Thanks again :)
Just returned from cambrils park with siblu caravans were spotless.only thing i have to say about the site is that when we arrived sept 20th 2006 the entertainment had finished for the season head down to freds bar for food also the queens for live music but beware of the bad pavements both sides of road they are death traps holes slabs missing etc manholes sticking up.
Hi Thanks very much for that info dead tired, can I ask what type of mobile home you stayed in? We have gone ahead and booked with Siblu now and have the Elegance (mid range) 3 bedroom mobile. I have read somewhere where someone who stayed with Siblu said they were terrible, rain pouring through the caravan roof and nothing was done about it etc so that is very worrying we are also going off peak (late May/early June) so i do hope the entertainment will be up and running by then? Are the Siblu mobiles very far away from the swimming pool/entertainment areas? It would be great if you could let me know, thanks
Hi has anyone stayed at this site, Cambrils Park, in between Cambrils and Salou? I have read good reviews about it but would like to get some more fresh info about it if poss, especially if anyone has stayed with Siblu holidays on this site? What are the Siblu mobile homes like? Thanx any info will be helpful, good or bad!! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.