Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
camera's
8 Posts
hi
havent looked or bought in goa but if you have a flight via bahrain they have good duty free.
thanks milly,

yeah flew non stop for last couple of years with mytravel, but going with monarch this time, so will check out bahrain, when we stop,

ps do you know how long we are on the ground in bahrain ?
In Bahrain you will get around 50mins to 1 hour. As for cameras in Goa - yes you can get up to date models but the choice is limited - also take note if you have any problems with it,you cant really 'pop' back and get an excahange like in UK...
Some cracking deals on at the moment in UK - cheapest they have been for years, have seen 8 mega pixel in Dixons for £90.
My advice - buy in UK,test before you go and make sure you are happy with it.
hi
youre on the ground for an hour, we've been 3 times with monarch & its never been any longer. just time to get in the bar & have a fag & a beer & run back to the plane ( we alwys seem to be last for some reason)but you'd have time to look at cameras if you dont have bad habits like me. im stating the obvious but if you check out what model/specs etc before you go it would be easier & maybe theres some way you can find out exactly what they have in stock before you get there.
ive always found the duty free shops in the uk a total rip off & most stuff you can often find cheaper online here. i was just given a fab pentax ist D all singing dancing digital camera by my husb last week with 2 extra big zoom lenses - he got it for a really good price on good old ebay.
i just need to work out now how the thing works!!! :roll:
cheers spike, thanks for that looked at dixons seem's a good deal,
would have been a good excuse to pop back if it was faulty though :lol:
milly sounds good to me!! 8) think an hour is long enough for 2 beers, funny if we where on same flight, don't know who would be last back on as that always happens to us,

many thanks, andy
We have bought our last 2 cameras in Bharain. The first one we saved over £100 on the price in England. The second one did go wrong after about 9 months but we emailed the manufacture who gave us an email address in England and they told us to send it to them and they just sent us a complete new one which we have had no problem with after 18 months and many pics. The service we received from the manufacturer was excellent, all done within a week as we explained we needed the camera for a wedding.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.