France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
LOL it's a big country. How about "how much, and how will you get there"

Flying - easy whereevfer you want.
Driving - really easy but consumes holiday days (something the retired neglect) and means you have wheels abroad
Walking - not recomended, takes a while.
Spadge, the weather will be really, really hot on the south coast (Languedoc, Cote d'Azur), and it should be hot on the west coast. The Charente Maritime area for Royan to La Rochelle is always nice and there are lots of very big beaches. There are lots of camping operators - try siblu, keycamp
DaleyJ wrote:
Spadge, the weather will be really, really hot on the south coast (Languedoc, Cote d'Azur), and it should be hot on the west coast. The Charente Maritime area for Royan to La Rochelle is always nice and there are lots of very big beaches. There are lots of camping operators - try siblu, keycamp

Don't count on it even in Pitou Charente the weather is getting really changable in August where it used to be very settled and very hot sometimes even hotter than the med coast whereas now you could get very wet like we did last year
Even with freak weather in mind, I would suggest that Southern Brittany and the Vendée region might be a good starting point for first time campers in France ..........
If you want a ready to go tent/mobile home with all the equipment then I suggest you check our Canvas Holidays or Eurocamp (or similar). You can get some good deals with them. They do drive yourself and flights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.