Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Campsites
7 Posts
Don't know if this is the one you mean....it's in Dorset, not Hampshire.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=4818
Hi
Yes thats the one sorry it is in Dorset not Hampshire
stayed there last summer for a week, what do you want to know about it??? :wave:
Hi
General thoughts on the site ,pitch sizes ,level or sloping ,some people have encountered smells from the toilet disposal areas , convience for local places of interests ,
Thanks tonto
our unit was a trailer tent and although there were spaces on the main pitches the staff decided to place us on the "warren", an area where about 8 units could pitch (mainly tents and trailers).

There is a camping field which is SSSI rated (non electric in this part). The main section was hardstanding and a few grass pitches mainly with caravans however a few tents were situated near toilet block (assume they had requested it).

The site is nice but I wouldn't stay there again due to its location, its down a long dirt track off a dual carriageway, nowhere to walk and not close to shops. The camp shop was very sparse and expensive.

If you are wanting somewhere near to new forest I would highly recommend the Red Shoot Camping Park, it's in middle of new forest, traditional pub on site with micro brewery, very good food. This is in an area called Ringwood, approx 5/10 min drive to ringwood itself with shops and supermarket (think it was sainsburys).

Depending on what you are wanting from your stay the Red Shoot has lots of walking areas nearby, just jump in your car, park up in one of the new forest car parks and walk where you want.

We liked the red shoot that much that we even went back to the pub several times for lunch while staying at the back of beyond :tup
back of beyond is mainly level pitches, cant say i noticed the smell.

red shoot is on a bit of a slope, depends on your unit, if caravan you will be on flat, if tent or tt you could be on a slight slope. any questions please ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.