Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hiya,
Ive been in feb before and the weather is good with it being all your round sunshine its generally hot although sometimes cloudy.

The Eden apartments with Thomson in PR have a play area, kids club and "heated" pool and the Riosol which are nice and newly refurbed have 2 pools and a play area aswell i think one pool is "heated" i use the term heated losely as to be honest they arent heated to what id call warm, at that time of year i find pools out there pretty nippy but these will be warmer than non heated ones.

Eating out can be as cheap or ad expensive as you make it, there are places that will offer 3 courses for 10euros and others where steaks are more like 15-20euros so it depends where you eat and what you want.
Normally for a family of for our evening meals bills are around 75 euros, that would be 2 starters 2main meals often fillet steaks etc, 2 kids meals with ice creams and maybe 2 drinks each but there are places you can eat in which cost much less than that.
I think chinese for 2 courses and drinks we pay around 50-60euros.

Hope that helps a bit.
Consider the Taurito Princess or Playa Del Ingles' Gran Canaria Princess which both have plenty for kids to do including adventure golf (where you can join in too!), lovely accomodation and nice swimming pools.

January will naturally be much quieter than in peak season (e.g. August) however thanks to Gran Canaria's all year round sunny climate there will be plenty of other holidaymakers with the same idea as yourself :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.