Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
can anyone help
11 Posts
The best thing to do is request assistance from your TO or carrier in advance and they will book it for you. The service is usually very good a TFS - you'll be disembarked last but the assistance will be waiting at the plane door and you'll be taken right through to baggage reclaim. I've never actually seen one of the golf buggie type carts in use at TFS - only wheelchairs with a 'pusher'. I suspect that this is because the walkway from the gate to the baggage reclaim is actually quite narrow. You can book private assistance but they usually meet you in the baggage hall, not straight off the plane.

SM
If you contact your Tour Operator/Airline before you set off on holiday you can request assistance for both boarding and disembarking the plane.
However, I can tell you that you may very well get 'dumped' at the carousels. They seem to have a rule where they cannot help wen you have baggage, and will not help you with that. However, of course, you are most of the way there......

Similarly on the way back, you will have to find your own way to check int (But again it isn't far)

Good luck
Hi Debbymark,
Last christmas my mum had a fall day before flying from manchester, informed BA at check in and on arrival at tfs wheelchair and pusher were waiting
i do think he may struggle on as he would not like a wheelchair. I must say I can't blame him.
there are no buggies at TFS, if he is struggling as much as you say he would jump at the chance of getting in a wheelchair with assistance, i no i would!
But once he's got to the carousel, it's not too far to the exit, as AndrewL said.
Hope you have a good time :)
Also worth having a word with your tour operator regarding your pick up etc. If you have a taxi pic-up, they will stop a taxi right outside the door for you and you won't have to walk far at all. If you are having a coach pick up, there is a longer walk.

However, I have always found the tour operators very helpful at the airport
things are looking brighter today and it is another week before we go so fingers crossed he won't be too bad by then
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.