Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
can anyone help?
12 Posts
Hi there

I am not sure whether it is just me, but this year i havent been bitten once, and usually i get bitten every night.. however, i have been using the Autan spray a lot more, sure its expensive, especially if you live here like me, but for a holiday its well worth the money and to enjoy a nice night out and a good sleep.
hi digby, we were there mid july and I normally get completly annialated by the little gimps, but in fuengirola, not one bite !!!!!!!!
I can tell you it was either a miracle or the fact that I used boots own sunlotion and aftersun, both containing insect repellant .
have a great time, you lucky thing !
cheers,
juby :tup
Hi digby

Four of us were there in August it was very hot. Not one of us used repellant and no one got bit, which is most unusual. Hope you have a great mossie free holiday. :cheers
Woopeedoo, JillyB and Juby5. Thank you all for prompt reply. Now I really am looking forward to my holiday. Every holiday is completely spoiled for me. I've never seen anyone yet who reacts to these bites like I do, so armed with everything that's suggested in the mossie forum myself and better half who never gets bitten, but comes along to take me to the resort doc for treatment and to pay the bill are heading off first time to Fuengirola. Busy packing and with luggage weight in mind trying to figure out how many shoes, t/shirts etc to squeeze in. I love this and can't wait now. Thank you all again.
I think they have all moved up north to Salou this summer. Been to Salou 18 times and up until this year have never been bitten once. This year went for a 4 night break and got bitten 27 times :yikes

The Costa Del Sol must have been to hot for them so they decided to chill out a bit on the Costa Dorada :rofl
:rofl reckon you are right mark !!!
digby, I really can't believe I never got bitten in fuengirola as, like you, I am cannibalised by them ! usually end up in the docs on my return with mega infected ones, so, honestly, you will be fine !!!
glad to set your mind at rest ( oh my god, hope there isn't a freak mozzy invasion whilst you are there ! )
have a fab holiday !
cheers,
juby :cheers
Juby5. :shush . I hope not! Will let you know when I get back. Case now bulging and trying to squeeze another tube of repellent in. What a waste of space, all this blooming mosqito stuff! :cheers
There's no need to buy expensive mosquito products in UK. Mercadona (a spanish supermarket chain) sell mosquito repellent. It's extremely effective and all the spanish use it. It's in an orange spray bottle.
The one i think you are talking about is the one i mentioned and that is called Autan.. but it is much cheaper in Superdrug for example than in Mercadona. But then you may not even need it.
Btw, has anyone heard of the new t shirts soon to be available???
A clever "soon to be rich i would think" designer has come up with the idea to brand normal run of the mill t shirts but with an ingredient in the material that tests have shown ward off ALL mossies etc.. they were tested in the jungle apparently and were 90 percent effective against everything.. How cool is that?
Off tomorrow with Autan now in the case too. Thanks all for help :wave:
mossies hate turbulent air so if there are fans in your room or apartment use them for a bite free night
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.