Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Can anyone help
5 Posts
Hi

One thing i would ask you to double check is that on your paperwork or the accommodation voucher, does it state anywhere that Hays Travel act as a retail agent for ......

This is important as to who your complaint should be directed to. If they are acting as an agent then out of customer service will they not liase on your behalf.

Also, although you spent the night in reception, did you advise hays travel of the problems whilst in resort as from the below it looks like you arrived, had a few problems and then came home the following day. If you haven't advised them of this whilst in resort and cut your holiday short then it may be seen that you have not given them the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Keep us posted as Hays are normally very good and quite well respected.
I fear that if you bailed out and came home without giving Hays a chance to sort it out you have lost the right to claim from them.
A similar incident happened to me a few years ago after booking a holiday with an agent who put the holiday together as to opposed to selling a package.
The hotel was booked through Alpha rooms and when I had a holiday from hell, on returning home the travel agent told me they were not responsible and to take the complaint up with Alpha rooms.
Thanks everyone for your help and advice, it is much as I thought. I was so completely exhausted, about 2 hours sleep on the night I travelled as such an early start, then no sleep when I arrived at the hotel, I was just needing to get home and get to bed. Looks like a lesson has been learnt although I will still pursue it. If anything positive comes of it (which I doubt) I will post it here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.