Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we enjoyed the C S M, i think thomas cook and somak are doing it this year, nice people and really close to the beach :lol:
Hi, thanks, yes i forgot about that hotel, but isnt it half board?
Id rather go bed and breakfast really.

Ive seen a few good deals on thomascook's website, but seems like its not working.

Id like to stay quite near the main baga road
How about the Ronil Beach or the Beiramar. I think they are both on the main Baga Road.
Havent stayed at any of these hotels Nicola, so cant gives views on them, but they are certainly in the right location for you. Good luck.
Nicola
you will find Baga hotel reviews here. You will also find who they booked the hotels through. :D
Thanks :) my search continues, should be a lot easier now im armed with all the info on this site :)
hi YM, understand that CSM are going to be B&B next year, at least that is the plan.
having said that, i have found the price at CSM, even though its been half board, has been cheaper than a lot of B&Bs and room only's. we paid £800 for three weeks, and £600 the year before for 2 weeks.
i have booked for this hotel with thomas cook, and somak. the later is usually cheaper, their brochure price is what you pay!!
my wife and i, only ever ate breakfast there this year, we sampled the local restraunts for all our other eating needs.
also, i recommend this hotel, you will find my review in holiday reviews.
hope this helps BOB
We are going to the CSM in November, booked through First Choice. I can't remember what price we are paying at the moment, but remember thinking it was a bit more expensive as its half board, but it would be worth it for the location. We intend eating in the local restaurants most of the time, but will certainly try the evening meals there. We booked in January and I can't find it as available on the First Choice website now. I am beginning to get a bit concerned as I can't believe it has sold out for the whole of next season already. I think I might have to ring the travel agent and check everything is OK. Even though it is a long way off, I do worry and like to know what is going on.
If you like smaller hotels I would reccomend the Cavala Beach Resort on the Baga Road.
We stayed at the Biramar (not sure of the spelling) its on the main baga road not far from the end of CSM road, very reasonable prices and the room was perfectly acceptable and the staff were great. The name of who we booked with is on the tip of my tounge but it escapes me but i'm fairly sure its a jewel in the crown hotel.

hope this helps :)
Thanks everyone.

ive narrowed down my search.
Even though i said i wanted baga, i think id like to go to Arpora again.

The hotels are the MD in arpora, aldeia bello near baga road, hotel kamat.
Ive stayed in the last two hotels, and thought they were nice.
Hey yummymummy

The Riverside Regency Resort is brilliant have stayed there for the last 3 years and we are going back 2nd March it's B & B and it's right by the bridge that's just been knocked down, it's the newer side not the river side guest house (by sublime), although stayed there as well and it is OK but better the new side. (does that make sense - I've just confused myself)

Donna
XX
Thanks Donna :)
i love the location of the Ronil beach resort as well, but its the price that gets me. I refuse to pay nearly 700pounds each for bed and breakfast in Goa for 2 weeks.

I think location wise im going to choose Aldea Bello hotel (not sure on the spelling)

Ive stayed there before many years ago (actually it was the first ever hotel i stayed in, in goa)

im definetly going to need a torch haha.

Theres another hotel in Arpora that begins with L, which is a 3 star hotel and is coming up at the same price as 2 star hotels.
That looks nice but its a bit out of the way.
Im 100 % decided... i think :?

im booking Aldeia bello hotel near baga road for mid march.

Now its just finding a decent quote.

How does that price beating work with tour ops?
do you just go into another travel agent with a quote and say i want to book today but i want you to beat this price?
I wonder how low you'sd be able to get it? if you keep going back to different tour ops and asking them to beat the price
not just TAs- also phone the companies directly. It can be amazing the difference in prices you get.
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-05-09 19:15:44
Maybe the other hotel is the Lagoa Azul, thats in Arpora.
As Donna said Riverside Regency is another good choice, its in a great location. Over the bridge and a couple of minutes walk and you are right on Baga Beach 8)
Yes thats the one Gemma.

Thanks Donna, ill check out that hotel, looks ideal.

Fiona - i didnt know that at all, ill have to give it a try :)
yes Nicola- try DIY, TAs, online and phoning companies directly- thats what I do with all my travel. And different options come up top- so its worth trying them all. With phoning and TAs you do have the option of bargaining as well.
I did DIY this year, which worked out a lot cheaper, but because im restricted to certain dates and need to get it booked in the next month ( reason being is my other half is really bad at saving up lol, so if its booked now he knows he'll have to pay it) and we cant book late again because of work and uni.

I refuse to pay more than 500pounds for 2 weeks in Goa.

Its amazing, when i first went to Goa in 1996 we got it for about 300pounds each for 2 weeks, but the same hotel now is double.
My hearts set on Aldeia bello hotel, stayed there a good few years ago, and loved it.

Just got to pursuade my other half lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.